Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

…I just don’t think he’s very good and Dyche will want quality if we’re going to improve.

I'd take Skipp. Far better than links like Josh Brownhill.

I always think with the London based players that you'll likely be in competition with Palace, Fulham and Brentford if one of the big hitters releases a squad player. Even Ipswich might have a look if they have a decent budget.

Would he join this club if any of them are interested so he dosen't have to move house?

I appreciate this is just speculative ‘journalism’ (if I can call it that) but if this is true, maybe that’s where are going wrong. Yes we have to target good young players, but really targeting players who are also in focus for these types of clubs? Surely there is bandwidth there to target good young players who will add value and not be sought by the 14 times European champions
Makes me laugh when we are linked to players who are ‘also’ linked with Real Madrid, atletico etc.

File under codswallop perhaps…

Been thinking of the changes in PSR.

So as much as we know, on the new system is that next year will be under the current PSR rules - so that takes into account financial year 23/24 and that finishes on June 30th this year.

What the deal after that, is there any point caring about PSR this summer, for financial year 24/25, if there is going to be a new PSR system in 25/26.

Not that we have any money like.
We will have to sell, and sell big before 30th June this year, to balance the books and not be deducted points again next season.
Or income is just not big enough.
Everton marketing and sponsorship has been woeful for years.

I'd like to see some pace brought into the team including at least one winger (I can't see Dyche leaving McNiell out of the team).
Other than that a full back who is a regular starter rather that having to use Coleman, Young or Godfrey (Dyche won't play Patterson)

I took a look on Transfermarkt...

Adebayo: 10 goals in 1250 mins over 25 appearances, 26 years old

DCL: 7 goals + 1 assist in 2032 mins over 30 appearances, 27 years old.

Beto: 3 goals in 939 minutes over 29 appearances, 26 years old.

Presuming Luton go down, we could do a lot worse than offering £12m for Adebayo. Selling Maupay would raise most of the fee, and shifting Gomes, Alli and Danjuma will free up plenty of payroll space.
You keep comparing the goals our players have against other teams.

We are the most defensive team in the league.

Adebayo is a Striker that struggled in League Two, he would score 2 goals in this Everton side.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back