Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I know but we need to remember Thelwell and Purdy drive our recruitment.

That’s perfectly fine. Thelwell’s job is to create a balanced squad and we need the sort of pace Gnonto has.

How Dyche would use that squad is up to him but Thelwell will be well aware that over the course of a 5 year contract any signing is likely to see more than one manager.
Fair points Gents ;)

That’s perfectly fine. Thelwell’s job is to create a balanced squad and we need the sort of pace Gnonto has.

How Dyche would use that squad is up to him but Thelwell will be well aware that over the course of a 5 year contract any signing is likely to see more than one manager.
We do and the issue for me is it seems we can't get Gnonto, we just give up trying for it when there are options at cheaper prices in different leagues. We have a snobbery about players mostly needing "PL experience" in our recruitment.

Considering we only look like getting one or two in what position would you desperately want ? RB remains a worry (Dixon doing well though) and we are light midfield still. But for me the attack is the most worrying: Harrison and Mc Neil can't beat their opponent and as a result DCL doesn't look like scoring in donkeys years.
A cheeky loan offer for Richy ?
Or Gnonto if we sell DCL and get a striker on loan.
If not Lindstrom and/or Ndiaye need to come in soon

Considering we only look like getting one or two in what position would you desperately want ? RB remains a worry (Dixon doing well though) and we are light midfield still. But for me the attack is the most worrying: Harrison and Mc Neil can't beat their opponent and as a result DCL doesn't look like scoring in donkeys years.
A cheeky loan offer for Richy ?
Or Gnonto if we sell DCL and get a striker on loan.
If not Lindstrom and/or Ndiaye need to come in soon
Rather spend any budget on getting rid of Dyche.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back