Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Most of the time when they don't come back there's good reason for it. Antonee Robinson is one of the few that in hindsight it feels like a mistake to have let go. But we were shopping in a more premium place back then. Robinson was trying to break in during the back end of Baines career and the first few seasons of Digne. He wasn't good enough for us then, but of course I'd take him now (I still think Myko would be my preferred starter though).

And also, to throw an example of a loan being beneficial. You have Branthwaite.
Robinson is absolutely miles better than Myko. He can actually overlap and attack. Myko is an absolute black hole in possession.

:lol::lol:

This guy is top tier.....(obviously joking).

1724948518201.webp

Antonee Robinson seems to have become the argument for never ever letting anyone leave. The fact he's still the only go-to example of a player we shouldn't have let go suggests we've done pretty well in deciding who goes when, and for how much.
It could also highlight the fact that the players that come through our youth system don`t go on to a high level when we do let them go. We seem to spend money to develop young plays for league one or two standard.

Antonee Robinson seems to have become the argument for never ever letting anyone leave. The fact he's still the only go-to example of a player we shouldn't have let go suggests we've done pretty well in deciding who goes when, and for how much.
He shouldn't be the argument for noone ever leaving. However the fact he was not rated that highly at all in that group of youth players but has been the stand out....should have caused an internal review (particularly when we should have been succession planning baines)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back