Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Despite reading loads of stuff on it, I still don’t have a clue on the loan rules , I don't think anyone knows!
Loans between Premier League clubs and other English counterparts are officially called temporary transfers.

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2024/25 (Download PDF, size: 18.2MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

We need an attacker. If we don't get one the window has been a total failure.

And if we end up keeping both Keane and Holgate then spending the remaining budget on a 5th centre back will make even less sense.

Our priorities in recruitment are constantly wrong. I would love to know the thought process because I dont get it.

That's just silly. It hasn't been a total failure if we don't do that. It will be a major disappointment but we have rejigged the squad in a good way.

Loans between Premier League clubs and other English counterparts are officially called temporary transfers.

Under the rules in the Premier League Handbook 2024/25 (Download PDF, size: 18.2MB), there are restrictions on how many players Premier League clubs can loan from other Premier League/English clubs.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.
Last para there means none of that applies to international loans. That’s where the confusion lies.

People might disagree, but I think Dom staying is a disaster for everyone, the club, him and the fans, this will now play out all season, where is he going? Is he trying, does he care, fans have turned on him, no goals because his mind is elsewhere, doesn't want to get injured etc etc etc
In the same way as Barkley was distrusted for his running down the clock.

As you say, better for all concerned that he just goes today.

People might disagree, but I think Dom staying is a disaster for everyone, the club, him and the fans, this will now play out all season, where is he going? Is he trying, does he care, fans have turned on him, no goals because his mind is elsewhere, doesn't want to get injured etc etc etc
Completely agree. I hope we can still go out and use that last domestic loan, bring in Fofana. Reduces the reliance on DCL.

That's just silly. It hasn't been a total failure if we don't do that. It will be a major disappointment but we have rejigged the squad in a good way.
I dont agree

The biggest issue for the club is a lack of goals and a lack of quality from the front 4.

Trying to fix that was all that mattered this summer and I dont think we've even started to solve the issue.

He was almost always a CM or DM at Watford. He was very good for Ancelotti in those roles as well.

Coincidentally, Mangala is also a DM/CM.

As for Gomes, he barely played and Armstrong could easily replicate his 505mins across the season.
There isn't a single Everton fan that would recoil in horror at the thought of him playing in a two in CM. You have absolutely no idea if Harrison can perform at the level Gomes did. He's 17. You have among the worst takes on here which is some sort of achievement.

They are:

See FIFA say something different!

And with Mangala we will have 3 players on loan at one time. So that bunks the above!

So if thats the case is the above just between PL clubs.

If it is then does mean we can loan two from Lyon!

Like I say - I don’t think anyone really knows!

I dont agree

The biggest issue for the club is a lack of goals and a lack of quality from the front 4.

Trying to fix that was all that mattered this summer and I dont think we've even started to solve the issue.

Ndiaye has added quality in that front 4. To say we have not even started to solve it is silly. As is saying the window has been a total failure.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back