Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

In the same way as Barkley was distrusted for his running down the clock.

As you say, better for all concerned that he just goes today.
I think we should have been actively trying to sell him all summer, the narrative out there is he wants to go but we are desperate for him to stay, which gives him and his advisors all the cards, we should of been touting him all over Europe and Saudi actively and forcing the narrative.

Isnt it 8 loans of the course of a season.

2 from domestic clubs, rest abroad... ah but theres more - you can only have 4 loans at anyone time.

Am sure thats what the actual rule is, it's all a bit mental.

Ndiaye has added quality in that front 4. To say we have not even started to solve it is silly. As is saying the window has been a total failure.
Has it? Jack Harrison although not Messi will certainly add to our squad. He’s what we need right now.

O’Brien, hopefully the backup for Tarky and Jared, therefore never played Keane or Holgate again.

N’Diaye, a little tricky player who once we find his best position should provide and score a few goals.

Tim, looks a little world beater in the midfield.

We have got rid of Maupay.

I see Dom stayed as a big plus. He will get more goals than Beto, who for all his hard work, simply isn’t quick enough for the league.

Signing Mangala and maybe someone else today I think we have done okay on the whole.

Has it? Jack Harrison although not Messi will certainly add to our squad. He’s what we need right now.

O’Brien, hopefully the backup for Tarky and Jared, therefore never played Keane or Holgate again.

N’Diaye, a little tricky player who once we find his best position should provide and score a few goals.

I see Dom stayed as a big plus. He will get more goals than Beto, who for all his hard work, simply isn’t quick enough for the league.

Signing Mangala and maybe someone else today I think we have done okay on the whole.
Well Beto is very quick, just technically not very good.

I think you've misread my post. I don't think the window has been a total failure. @ToffeeTim does.

What's your reasonable expectations for today lads?

For me Mangala in
DCL out and a replacement striker -Fofana would be fine - in.

If we do less than that it's a poor final day.

If we did that plus brought in a speedy winger and right back and got rid of Holgate Mrs J will be supping prosecco tonight.

Holgate + DCL out & an u21 rapid winger in.

There isn't a single Everton fan that would recoil in horror at the thought of him playing in a two in CM. You have absolutely no idea if Harrison can perform at the level Gomes did. He's 17. You have among the worst takes on here which is some sort of achievement.

Doucoure is a better DM than an ACM. Dont believe that, look at how he performed under Ancelotti.

We dont use a 6 but he'd be servicable as a defensive minded or box to box CM.

I also not once said Armstrong would "perform at the level Gomes did".

I wrote that he could cover the minutes on the pitch. Gomes was rubbish anyway.

I’d say they will go for Toney
However I can’t see them giving him an 8 yr contract
If that happens then Brentford might pop a bid in for DCL l
Hopefully we sign a replacement that actually scores goals
DCL might be an an easier deal to do with time limited for Chelsea. Throwing in Fofana and we might both be happy.
Toney has a deal to Saudi written all over him

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back