Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Nope.

If all of Keane, Holgate, Doucoure and DCL are still here next week then we have failed to shift them. That failure to sell them doesn't make the purchases of O'Brien, Iroegbunam or Ndiaye "bad" in any way.

O'Brien will take Keane's place as third CB before Christmas. As a result, Keane will no longer feature in matches for Everton and we will immediately concede fewer goals.

Buying a fifth striker to keep Maupay, DCL, Beto and Chermiti company whilst leaving the defence and midfield untouched would be exceptionally dumb, and would leave Keane and Holgate playing enough games to get us relegated.

If we stay up despite not bringing in a striker, will you admit buying O'Brien was "correct"? It's not that simple buddy.
Nobody's going to pay them anywhere near the wages they're on at Everton and they clearly have no interest in taking a pay cut and step down or sideways or they'd be gone already.

Nobody's going to pay them anywhere near the wages they're on at Everton and they clearly have no interest in taking a pay cut and step down or sideways or they'd be gone already.
I fear you're right. I hope you're not, but...

The idea that we shouldn't have bought O'Brien because we have Keane and Holgate is just deranged though, and that's the point I was making to the other chap.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back