Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We need a Saudi club to come in for Doucoure.

If we banked a £10m fee for selling him, and freed up the £120k p/w he is rumoured to be on, we could bring in two more loans and still be better off financially.

Ndiaye, Lindstrom and McNeil could share the burden at 10. Gana, Garner, Iroegbunam, Armstrong and Mangala would man the CM slots. We could bring in a wide man and something at fullback.

(Can't see us bringing in a CF unless DCL leaves for a decent fee).
Apparently they did early on in the window and we knocked them back

We are going to be making fake bids left right and center to make it look like we tried but in the end it will be the same old “we tried before the window closed but nothing happened and those player we could get wouldn’t improve us, so we are going to go with what we have”. Wish they’d just say we are not signing anybody else.

Buying a fifth striker to keep Maupay, DCL, Beto and Chermiti company whilst leaving the defence and midfield untouched would be exceptionally dumb, and would leave Keane and Holgate playing enough games to get us relegated.

If we stay up despite not bringing in a striker, will you admit buying O'Brien was "correct"? It's not that simple buddy.

It’s straightforward enough, you believe it was more of a priority to improve the defence that conceded the 4th fewest goals in the league last season than to improve the attack that has been statistically the worst in the league for at least 2 years.

I disagree.

Our defence is exactly the same as the one that did great last season. What little money we had should have gone on at least one pacey winger and a CF. If I had the option, I would happily forego the signing of O’Brien (Ndiaye and Lindstrom, too!) and replace them with 2 attackers that can cause problems at the other end.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back