Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It’s straightforward enough, you believe it was more of a priority to improve the defence that conceded the 4th fewest goals in the league last season than to improve the attack that has been statistically the worst in the league for at least 2 years.

I disagree.

Our defence is exactly the same as the one that did great last season. What little money we had should have gone on at least one pacey winger and a CF. If I had the option, I would happily forego the signing of O’Brien (Ndiaye and Lindstrom, too!) and replace them with 2 attackers that can cause problems at the other end.

It’s not about numbers or bodies or the size of the squad, it’s about quality.

Yes, Ndiaye and Lindstrom can play wide but they aren’t pacey wingers that can stretch teams or that are going to have the full back running back toward their own goal, they are #10’s at their best in a free role behind the striker.

We’ve seen ample evidence that McNeill, Beto and Harrison just aren’t good enough in their respective positions and DCL just doesn’t want to be here any more.

We needed 1-2 players at the top end of the pitch that would improve us, that would go straight into the team. O’Brien was the right buy if Jarrad went. He hasn’t, so right now it looks like a poor use of funds (and that’s no reflection on O’Brien as a player - he could be brilliant).

I'm guessing Thelwell didn't know whether Jarrad would recover or be sold so he took the opportunity of OBrien to try and preserve the defensive unit. It's all gambling at the end of the day.

I agree we need better forwards - but with PSR and poor spending + stadium costs - we can only afford to have so many.

The recoil after he kicks the ground is haunting
The ability to shift his body after the left foot slips and still get the right foot behind the ball. Then the power in the right foot without backlift that subsequently drives that viible recoil after he slams it into the dirt. He gave it his all and thus ends up prostrate on the ground. Its everything that was needed to score, except......

The ability to shift his body after the left foot slips and still get the right foot behind the ball. Then the power in the right foot without backlift that subsequently drives that viible recoil after he slams it into the dirt. He gave it his all and thus ends up prostrate on the ground. Its everything that was needed to score, except......
It would have been some goal tbf

Still no pace out wide wingers or full backs criminal that were heavily relying on Young and Coleman I've gave up on Patterson plus the DCL situation should have been sorted long before now he's got a bare faced cheek asking for that amount of money after his last 3 seasons plus it seems obvious that no other clubs actually want him .So I guess we look forward to his regular 5 goals a season it's gonna be a bumpy ride hoping to scrape 1-0 wins I fear for us with no Luton,Burnley and Sheffield United.

Dyche puts us at the back of the queue for any promising young attacking players. Any other PL team looks a better move for a player like that because Dyche is the last dinosaur somehow managing to survive in this league.

Why are we always a decade behind what everyone else is doing ffs
Mate...................its not fantasy football.

We have made some decent signings.
Lindstrum
NDiaye
Iroegbunam looks a bargain

O'Brien has room to develop
Mangala could be decent

Dyche isn't exactly the apple of my eye but people get far to carried away with transfers. Its a slow process, new shiny attacking names will come about again next summer when the shiny names from this summer have gone back to France holland but maybe 5% of them have been a success

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back