Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

1725049363953.webp
1725049481688.webp

Scanning the radar. No private jets on route to Liverpool at the moment from France. The only private jet going north is one to Nottingham from Switzerland. Dunno if Forrest are signing someone else.

I don’t understand honestly. How does the Harrison loan make sense on 60k a week when he offers little in terms of goals and assists , in which we are in desperate need of?

I get we are in a poor state, isn’t this what the recruitment teams are paid for? Scout the globe, address glaring problems? They have months to prepare and strategise with added back up plans in case plan A fails.

Lindstrom and Ndiaye are not prolific wide men . As you said , two number tens. We need better wide players. I refuse to believe despite our predicaments we couldn’t scout better then McNeil and Harrison and actually sign them.

We’ve just had a high turnover of players out, in an already tiny squad. We’ve had 1 winger at the football club & we’ve used a loan (with no loan fee) for a lad who’s clearly been brought in because he fits into the system the manager likes. Absolutely no problem with him being a squad player, we needed several wingers and we’re not spending money on all of them.

The model of signing players on the cheap from random football clubs will only get you so far & that’s why Brighton have spent a lot of money this year.

Have the recruitment team brought in upgrades in positions that needed addressing, on the limited funds we have? Yes.

Haven’t both of them only been allowed to join Everton because they were useless on the wing for Marseille and Napoli ?

Both long term targets of the DoF that have now become available because they’ve had a poor spell.

They can both clearly play out wide, though I’d much rather NDiaye in the middle & I’d argue him being in there gets more out of McNeil etc but that’s a separate argument

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back