Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Both long term targets of the DoF that have now become available because they’ve had a poor spell.

They can both clearly play out wide, though I’d much rather NDiaye in the middle & I’d argue him being in there gets more out of McNeil etc but that’s a separate argument
Having N'diaye in the 10 spot will get much more out of both McNeil and Harrison. Both of them are productive running onto a ball played behind the fullback. Neither are productive looking to take on a fullback with the ball at their feet. Hence the latter being the profile we have been looking for.
Doucoure in that 10 role confines McNeil and Harrison to defensive duties only.
How many assists dis he get for Sheff Utd?

As I've said repeatedly, when you're averaging 41 points for 3 years on the spin - small margins matter and we can't afford to get any worse.

Beto, is worse.

And here's when we were a bit better;

• Last season, Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored 34% of Everton’s 47 goals, meaning that no team that finished above 17th place relied more on one single player for a larger percentage of their goals.
  • The Toffees were especially reliant on Calvert-Lewin because of Richarlison’s poor season, as the Brazilian only scored 7 from an xG of 11.5, giving him the 4th worst “Goals minus Expected Goals” stat in the entire league with -4.5

Both.

He's our best option. In any system over Beto, but particularly one which leaves the striker isolated.

Dyche/Everton also restrict him because, we don't create enough, or score enough. With or without him.

Chermiti is out, and none of us have a clue on him.

It's bonkers to say we'd wouldn't be any worse for losing him for £12m, not replacing him and relying on having one striker. Beto.
I reckon zatman has hacked a ton of accounts tonight

Having N'diaye in the 10 spot will get much more out of both McNeil and Harrison. Both of them are productive running onto a ball played behind the fullback. Neither are productive pooking to take on a fullback with the ball at their feet. Hence the latter being the profile we have been looking for.
Doucoure in that 10 role confines McNeil and Harrison to defensive duties only.

There’s also the fact that the manager likes an extremely rigid football team.

Two positions to get right in the window: both of them left unfilled.

Instead we loaded up with CMs and lightweight AMFs.

I 'kin give up.
Bit disingenuous that, mate.

Apart from GK, we arguably needed every position filling for backup at the very least.

We signed 2 CMs to add to the 2 we had, for a system that plays 2, and some much-needed cover/replacement for the spots behind the striker.

Defo agree we’ve fumbled massively at RB, and could have done with a backup LB, an actual goal scorer and an out-and-out winger but in hindsight I guess if we’d got them we’d all be cryarsing about not having any midfielders or decent forward players.

We started the window a chronic mixture of crap and very, very thin in terms of numbers. Was always gonna be hard to address everything in one window.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back