Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

No the DOF is meant to appoint the manager who is used to play the way the DOF wants. That way the buying of players remains consistent no matter who the manager is. The problem is the manager was appointed by Kenwright and Moshiri and he clearly wasn't a manager the DOF wanted. When the manager turns down so many players in a short space of time it's clear that there is a problem. Until we get a new owner this issue isn't getting sorted and we are left with a dysfunctional system.
So the DoF doesn’t adapt?? They’ve been working together for 18 months and prepping for this transfer window since January

Mad that people think all this just happens today with Kev running in with a list of players

Yes, you either succeed or you dont.

We lost Onana and added a few "maybes", I think, currently, its stronger, but the proof will be in the playing.
If we are better, we're not much better. I'm also concerned that some of our retained players are likely to be worse this season than last, not mentioning any names. Young, Coleman, a demotivated DCL.

No

Dyche is the manager but we have a DOF. The recruitment should not be determined by the manager.
100% this. DOF recruits players that suit the way the club want their teams to play from senior to youth teams. Mangers come and go every 2-3 years, so why would you buy players only to suit a manager like dyche for example, then next season hire manager who tactically is the opposite. This is issue we have right now, dyche is a stop gap, but he seems to be dictating who we sign.

IN:
Tim, Ndiaye, O'Brien, Lindstrom, Mangala

OUT:
Onana, Godfrey, Dobbin, Maupay, Gomes, Danjuma, Holgate (TBC), Dele

Profit:
c.35m, likely a wage reduction

Didn't Leave:
Jarrad Branthwaite.

Lack of a genuine pace merchant stings, I can't lie, especially when we targeted a number.

But overall I see Tim plus Mangala as probably an improvement on Onana and Gomes (on average at least), Lindstrom and Ndiaye definite improvement on Danjuma and Dobbin, and O'Brien way more what we need than Godfrey or Holgate.

if last year's squad did 48 points this squad should do that at least too. We've lost no one significant from one of the best defences in the league last year. If they don't match or exceed last year, we have to look at the manager.

No denying it's also what might have been if we'd added that winger though.

7.5/10

So the DoF doesn’t adapt?? They’ve been working together for 18 months and prepping for this transfer window since January

Mad that people think all this just happens today with Kev running in with a list of players

The DoF adapting is half the problem, the owner keeps hiring managers who are completely different in style.

He sets the recruitment & the philosophy of the team. Him & the club are supposed to hire managers that then fit that system & if they can’t adapt then they’re gone

Sean Dyche can only play one way.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back