Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If Everton sell Onana for £60mil net.

Then what would be the total profit generated on the books & the wage savings?

Answer = Over double what Gray would cost.
We dont know what Gray would cost and do you seriously think funds generated from sales are going into a transfer kitty for Dyche? We havent got a carat we will be selling to stay afloat not to bankroll transfers i think.

If we sell Onana for £60m most of the income will be spent on keeping the lights on and finishing the stadium. We won't be spending £30m on one player this window, Zat, even if we sell Pickford, Branthwaite and Onana. We're borrowing £20m a month just to keep operating. PSR is irrelevant at this point, a far bigger existential threat is just paying our bills.

We will sell Maupay this summer. He's done enough to generate interest from other clubs, and he definitely doesn't want to return to Everton and spend the next year sitting on the bench. So I think Maupay will be the desperate one during the summer, not Everton.

Everton will be fine whether they sell Maupay or not. The amount we'd receive for him won't be that much, and the amount that we'd need to spend on him should we have to keep him won't be all that much either, not in the greater scheme of things.

We dont know what Gray would cost and do you seriously think funds generated from sales are going into a transfer kitty for Dyche? We havent got a carat we will be selling to stay afloat not to bankroll transfers i think.

If they dont go up they have £100mil to generate.

If we sell Onana for £60m most of the income will be spent on keeping the lights on and finishing the stadium. We won't be spending £30m on one player this window, Zat, even if we sell Pickford, Branthwaite and Onana. We're borrowing £20m a month just to keep operating. PSR is irrelevant at this point, a far bigger existential threat is just paying our bills.

1st its we need "most of" the income to keep operating. Then its finishing the stadium...and again £20mil to keep operating.

:o

I definitely wouldnt just use money to pay off loans that can be restructured and also paid off or converted by new owners.

This is the time to invest in rising assets to pay off those loans down the line if needed.

We will sell Maupay this summer. He's done enough to generate interest from other clubs, and he definitely doesn't want to return to Everton and spend the next year sitting on the bench. So I think Maupay will be the desperate one during the summer, not Everton.

Everton will be fine whether they sell Maupay or not. The amount we'd receive for him won't be that much, and the amount that we'd need to spend on him should we have to keep him won't be all that much either, not in the greater scheme of things.
I dont think we are selling him sadly.

Another loan will be our best chance.

I wonder how much the option to buy was for Brentford and Maupay? Regardless, I'm not surprised that Brentford haven't taken up the option to buy him, as he's just not PL level quality, despite his good performances for Brentford.

He'd be a great buy for a Championship side or a lower level European league tho, and I think there will be several clubs showing interest in Maupay this summer. I think there's a possibility that we might get more money than we would have got from Brentford.

Overall, Maupay's loan to Brentford has been good, and we need to do something similar with Beto imo.

….the problem is his salary, very few clubs will be able to match it, particularly in the Championship. It’s what happens when you sign ordinary footballers and give them extraordinary contracts.

The lad is linked with Real, Utd, Bayern and Liverpool.

I can assure you, hes not rocking up at Everton.

….Zat thinking about Everton transfers;

IMG_9073.webp

….the problem is his salary, very few clubs will be able to match it, particularly in the Championship. It’s what happens when you sign ordinary footballers and give them extraordinary contracts.
And yet still people want to sign 'Frees' that end up on huge wages.

It's not all about the transfer fee.

I mean, Maupay was 'only' 15m - he'll cost us a lot more than that if we can't sell him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back