Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

What wage do you think someone like Ashley young is on

Does him being 38 mean it’s likely to be high or low?
According to media reports he's on £70k a week. Which, if true, is way too much.

Another poster made the point before that "free" transfers really aren't free at all as you have to pay them a premium on wages. It's a fair point and illustrates how difficult this summer is going to be.

Endrick on loan?
5ea8ec3f03a11e2820d28d6551e7d7f1.gif

…you certainly compensate them for the lack of a transfer fee. Higher wage is fine if the player is effective, I don’t think many complain about Tarkowski’s salary.

It really is about having an effective DoF and buying good footballers, we have signed far too many ordinary ones.
It would probably help like-for-like comparisons if it was cost-per-year with the transfer faee spread over the contract.

It always concerns me when we look to Man Utd or Barcelona cast-offs for example - not just because they are unwanted but because they must be on high wages too. Effectively them making the same mistake we make, but on a bigger scale. I suppose it is ok for them due to turnover.

According to media reports he's on £70k a week. Which, if true, is way too much.

Another poster made the point before that "free" transfers really aren't free at all as you have to pay them a premium on wages. It's a fair point and illustrates how difficult this summer is going to be.
That only really applies to people who have run their contract down to go for free because they know they're in demand you end up giving the player half the money you would have given their club because they're the ones with the power its not the same for players who are released by their clubs and don't have loads of offers on the table they've got no bargaining power they either take what you're offering or get nothing.

Varane:-
Being ejected for ManU
Available on a free
Well over 30
Permanently injured
Stupidly expensive wages
Probably would have great problems with our style of play

100% who we will end up signing.
Everton that.

What wage do you think someone like Ashley young is on

Does him being 38 mean it’s likely to be high or low?
I’ve seen a few things stating £89k a week recently. But I can’t believe that even we would be that stupid.

I would hope it’s not more than £45k.

And signing on fee

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back