Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yep, Maupay would be a much more effective number 10 than Doucoure, albeit less effective defensively.

Don’t think he would to be honest, I don’t think I’ve seen anything in his game that would suggest to me he can play at 10. He’s not good at playmaking and he’s not good front facing the goal.

He’s all movement and getting on the end of things, not sure how playing at 10 or the Doucoure role if you like helps.

Don’t think he would to be honest, I don’t think I’ve seen anything in his game that would suggest to me he can play at 10. He’s not good at playmaking and he’s not good front facing the goal.

He’s all movement and getting on the end of things, not sure how playing at 10 or the Doucoure role if you like helps.
I remember him having half an eye for a pass though, on the incredibly rare occasions a midfielder had advanced beyond him.

He strikes me as a Naismith type without the hard work pressing from the front. Not really any creation, but like you said, movement and positioning if anything can be created around him.

Bit surprised with Young, but at the end of the day, he's been useful this year, just also clocked that if he plays at Arsenal then that'll mean it'll be the season he's played the most PL games in since 2010 when he played 34, that's a bit mad to think about honestly. I don't mind the idea of him and Coleman being the backup full backs, so long as we don't expect 30 games from each.

Honestly really happy they're continuing to support Dele, interesting to see what's going to happen there but wish the best for him firstly, for us though his contract expiring is probably a big bonus, even if he does re-sign I'd doubt anyone would expect anything other than a fraction of the wages.

Also, we're clearly signing Harrison on loan again for free if Leeds don't get promoted, think he seems to want to stay, Dyche likes him, and he's useful for the squad, but I can't see us paying any sort of actual money for him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back