Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It wouldn't surprise me if Dyche goes for his tried and tested and tries getting in Charles Taylor and Josh Brownhill in as squad players both who are available for free. hopefully we utilise the loan market well, I imagine Harrison with the interest confirmed by the club will be or not Leeds come back up or not and if we can get him in on Loan. If they do come up they wont want to sell to us cheap seeing us a rival.
Taylor and brownhill are [Poor language removed] and Harrison is also bang average, get him back on loan as a squad player fair enough, but I wouldn’t pay a penny for him, I’m hoping Leeds come up, plenty of other loans available.

If you think giving Gana an extra year is not a good move, you know nothing about football
Is there a more tedious debating device on the internet than “if you think [different opinion to mine] then you know nothing about [thing we’re debating]”?

FWIW I agree with you, but only because we are biblically skint and DM is one of the most difficult (and ergo likely most expensive) positions to recruit for these days. Gana had an excellent run-in, but was garbage for about 30 games of the season so any opinion to the contrary is really quite reasonable, tbf.

Ok - so I will give a positive spin. Not outrageously positive but just something to take the edge off.

Last season we would have finished 11th or 12th without the deductions. Even now there are teams in this league that are poor. There are also a number of clubs staying in this league and coming up that will be on a PSR tightrope and will not strengthen significantly. We are not the only ones who have a puzzle about how to strengthen and stay within the PSR rules.

We had a strong defensive unit last year and if we can keep Tarks, Branthwaite, Pickford and Gana I can see this happening again. We do have troubles at RB and I think LB too but Dyche plays with hard working “wingers” that cover these areas a little. They are not really wingers in the true sense but hard working Right and Left Midfielders. In essence we are built in the Dyche mode of be strong and tight at the back and build out from there.

In midfield I think Dyche would love to see Harrison back. He plays to Dyche’s instructions and works extremely hard. With Garner and McNeil also hard working midfielders this rounds off a workman like 4 (with Gana). It is not a flair midfield or midfield that will score goals or create chances. It is not built to. It is a destroyer of teams.

We all know that we struggle if we go a goal down. Dyche recognises this and is happy to give that up in favour of keeping clean sheets and forcing errors on the opposition. I think we will again have a high clean sheet number and this is as much about the midfield set up as it is about the defence.

Up top DCL is forcing errors, trying to hold the ball up as best he can and making chances for himself and folks arriving late(r). We are not going to score 60 goals a season. We are not set up to do so. We will win a lot of games 1-0 especially at home.

In terms of buying. I think we will see a strengthening of depth. We have decided on Gana over Onana. This is all about next season only and money. We have ditched the players who are high paid on the fringe. If we could sell others I am sure we would. We will likely get more bench strength but do not expect players who can change a game. Do expect players who can lock a game down and some that we are buying for the future.

It will be ugly but will be a means to an end, BMD. Without losing points and keeping JB and DCL we will be fine.

Taylor and brownhill are [Poor language removed] and Harrison is also bang average, get him back on loan as a squad player fair enough, but I wouldn’t pay a penny for him, I’m hoping Leeds come up, plenty of other loans available.
id take taylor as a natural lb and sub to myko but depens now with the young deal, what postion he wants him in.

Is there a more tedious debating device on the internet than “if you think [different opinion to mine] then you know nothing about [thing we’re debating]”?

FWIW I agree with you, but only because we are biblically skint and DM is one of the most difficult (and ergo likely most expensive) positions to recruit for these days. Gana had an excellent run-in, but was garbage for about 30 games of the season so any opinion to the contrary is really quite reasonable, tbf.
Sorry mate, totally disagree

I thought Gana was in our top four players of the year, behind Branthwaite, Tarkey, Pickford?

We look weaker when he doesn’t play

Think is the amount of players we have lost in the middle and well most likely onana. I get your side with it with the amount of money is on and how tight things look at the club. All depends what cash we have to spend you would like think he would be after another 2/3 cm. I could see one being a similar deal to chermitti trying to get them before another club showing talent

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back