Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

This was done to death at the time Goat as many including me, thought exactly the same as you. Bobbles mate also confirmed at the time that it was a straight 20% sell on, and not 20% of profit.

Its still a no chance from me mate.

Theres not a chance we agreed to 20% of the whole fee.

Onana is 20% of any profit.

So if we sell him for the likely 50m, that means 47m to us, 3m to Lille.

That's not too bad and in fairness a good deal that was negotiated in summer 2022.

60m was quote last summer and that would make the club FFP compliant for next season which is the first big hurdle to overcome.

Let others sweat about points deductions next season.

Im afraid to say that offering new contracts to 2 RBs doesnt really scream "We are about to buy a RB" to me, but lets see how it pans out.

Think if Young just goes to Myko's backup you could have room for one more RB. Dyche surely realises Coleman will miss chunks of next season and regardless of ability opinion Patterson has also picked up way too many injuries in last 18 months.

If Brathwaite stays then Godfrey will probably play a decent amount at RB. That can work at Goodison, less so away from home.

It will remain an ugly watch but clean sheets will be kept next season if it's the same backline so that at least gives a basis to win games rather than trying to win endless 3-2s which the squad is ill equipped for.

Think if Young just goes to Myko's backup you could have room for one more RB. Dyche surely realises Coleman will miss chunks of next season and regardless of ability opinion Patterson has also picked up way too many injuries in last 18 months.

If Brathwaite stays then Godfrey will probably play a decent amount at RB. That can work at Goodison, less so away from home.

It will remain an ugly watch but clean sheets will be kept next season if it's the same backline so that at least gives a basis to win games rather than trying to win endless 3-2s which the squad is ill equipped for.
Everything depends on sales at this point.

It wont stop me trying daily, but this window is just impossible to call.

I was a bit optimistic thinking that Coleman and Young would be moving on and whilst I understand the extensions, its made me think that things are probably a lot worse than we think and I think its already very bad.

Thank God for The Euros to distract me briefly this window.

But the voice inside my head keeps saying the same thing, "We have no owner, we have huge debts".

I can see us getting 50/60m, hes a very talented boy and his pedigree is high.

Now whilst its fair to say we havent really seen that for us, consistently, his potential will be what people look at.

60m might be a push.
I see the reasoning the kid has a really high ceiling , but he's got to seriously up his application for me. He's got all the tools in the box but it depends wether he wants to use them.
I'd like him to stay & fullfil that promise here then get his big move , its up to him.
Atm he's not worth much more than we paid for him.

you are in cloud cuckoo land Zat , must be a lovely place to be amigo

Whst a childish and pointless post.

Any cb who is bought this season hopefully would be looking to be a starter for Branthwaite the season after to partber tark then again we would look for another cb. Twrk is going be the cb for abit longer

Yes, a season to develop to then compete with JT & JB or replace either if they move on.

Selling Branthwaite this season would be like a full blown, viscous kick in the balls.

Probably as bad as when Rooney left.
No sale will ever compare to Rooney leaving for me. Maybe it's because I'm older but Rooney was one of us. A boy genius who felt destined to become a great. He brought genuine excitement.

Branthwaite is a very good player. He could become a great player but he's no Wayne Rooney.

No sale will ever compare to Rooney leaving for me. Maybe it's because I'm older but Rooney was one of us. A boy genius who felt destined to become a great. He brought genuine excitement.

Branthwaite is a very good player. He could become a great player but he's no Wayne Rooney.

Disagree. I think if Branthwaite was here when Rooney was here OR Rooney was here now...

...we'd be seeing two potentially world class players move. I also think Branthwaite will stay at the very top (when he arrives there) for longer than Rooney.

Equal feeling for me if Branthwaite were to move. Not only for the player leaving but also with us being so close to the new stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back