Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If he goes this season he will be the latest in a long list of players who jump too soon.

Another season like he has had and he will be considered one of the best defenders in the league and will be bought as such.

If he goes now he will be warming the bench at the first mistake he makes.
The decision will likely be made by Everton’s finance department rather than Branthwaite though sadly.

The big issue with Branthwaite apart from we have to sell, what club does he pick who can pay big?

Chelsea - No manager and utter shambles at the moment.

Man United - Similar to Chelsea and easier to locate for a move but still it's a big job with a lot of problems.

Man City - Perfect move but does he start? It could go a bit Kalvin Phillips. Stones goes into Midfield perhaps.

Tottenham - Starts but he will still need to move up again.

Newcastle - Again like Spurs, could be years that he gets a trophy but it's closer to his home so might be a possibility.

I want a minimum £75m+ with sell on %

Lavia £58mil
Caicedo £115mil

Onana is miles better than Lavia. Not sure why £80mil is so high for you?

Fun fact: Dyche doesnt play to suit any central midfielder who wants to pass the ball around.

Certainly makes no sense to sell below £70mil. Other players to sell before letting him go for that.

Isnt it interesting that these Bayern, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal and United scouts rate him...but you dont?

There could be a learning experience in there somewhere.

Once again, no other club would've pumped that amount of money into Lavia and just because Chelsea did, it doesn't mean any half-decent CM is worth £50m+ now. Your valuation is bonkers and I can guarantee you right now we won't get anywhere close to £80m for him.

Do they yeah? What Barca scouts do you know that rate him?

He's a good player but still after two years now we're still basing his valuation on 'potential' rather than what he's actually delivered.

f816cdf1-1c74-4608-ab03-4ddb00821a97_text.gif

The big issue with Branthwaite apart from we have to sell, what club does he pick who can pay big?

Man United - Similar to Chelsea and easier to locate for a move but still it's a big job with a lot of problems.

Man City - Perfect move but does he start? It could go a bit Kalvin Phillips. Stones goes into Midfield perhaps.

Newcastle - Again like Spurs, could be years that he gets a trophy but it's closer to his home so might be a possibility.

So much will be impacted by injuries at Euros/Copa America. Every time a defender pulls a muscle or does his ACL a new bidder will appear.

Chelsea : Left sided centre back in Colwill, who 12 months ago kept Branthwaite out of the England under 21 team.......Chelsea are nuts, but i even doubt they will want to spend huge money on another left sided centre back, unless they sell Colwill
City : 3 left sided Centre backs in Gvardiol, Akanji & Ake
Spurs : There best defender is Van De Ven, who they will build there defence round
Newcastle : See above but put Botman in, instad of Van De Ven

United are the only real viable option! For what its worth, i think they are on the brink of getting there act together, i'm not sure if its with this manager..........but!!!

Our hope of keeping him is United have a different centre back earmarked at better value!

I badly want us to upgrade on our wing forwards, but our options at centre forward are so weak that I feel getting in a CF remains the greater priority.

I would like us to get Adebayo from Luton at the right price. I think he'd really fit well and prove effective in a Dyche set-up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back