Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Hutchinson looked good, would love a player like that but best we go to the back of the Asda though and see if there's any 'whoops' on go.

Ramon Sosa

“I was in England,” Sosa’s agent, Daniel Campos, told Diario Popular in January having held discussions with Goodison Park chief Kevin Thelwell. “I spoke with Everton’s sports director.”

Campos said that, at that time, Everton had not yet put forward a ‘formal offer’. Whether they do this summer, meanwhile, may depend on the funds available for a Toffees side who were docked eight points in 2023/24 for breaching the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability rules.

Either way, a move to England certainly appeals to Sosa.

“(The interest) is a source of pride,” says the 24-year-old, who plays alongside Newcastle’s Miguel Almiron for Paraguay.

“There is a lot of talk about the Premier League. It is nice because (playing in England) is a dream that I have and I want to fulfil. I hope it comes true.”

Hutchinson from Chelsea on loan, new manager will not be arsed about fringe players, the new boss will need to hit the ground running for that ownership and fan base.

Onana is literally a midfield anchor. The issue is Dyche uses him as a central midfielder. On the occasion weve used anyone deeper its been Gana who has no positional sense and goes towards the ball.

If we sell Onana and replace with Luis is will be absolute stupidity imo. Why sell a player who isnt used in the correct position, to then replace with a similar player?

If anything we should be aiming for a box to box player.

A little confused here, youre saying who is a season away? Paulinho, Luis or Onana?

For me, I think Luis is probably worth £13mil but would be better off with a loan and option.

The best role for both Luis and Onana is the midfield anchor that we dont use. The space between two central midfielders and the two centre backs would be fully covered by either of them.

Instead of that role we have Doucoure well advanced like a second forward and then it seems Garner a little more advanced typically than Onana. Of course in games its more fluid but it looks very unbalanced to me.
Luis. He used to be very highly rated. With that said a lot of Portuguese midfielders get rated highly coming out the academy and very few are actually top level. But the big clubs absolutely love the idea of a Portuguese midfielder so if we sign him and he does well he can be very profitable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back