Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The club proactively briefing their preferred journos that we don't need to sell, makes me think we desperately need to sell to be compliant.

They can't have it out there that we 'need', to what ever extent that is, to sell otherwise it hinders our negotiation hand.

It's already public knowledge that Spurs squeezed us for Richarlison. But I think most teams know what our position is, probably they're doing it more for the fans.

Or, they have a player already set to leave, which will ease our finances so that we don't need to sell who we want to keep. Onana won't be here in a month...
Already speaking to the Belgian media about making the 'step up' and using the Euro's to do so, so might suggest that there isn't anything agreed yet.

Or, they have a player already set to leave, which will ease our finances so that we don't need to sell who we want to keep. Onana won't be here in a month...

I don't think anything is boxed off yet.

I think the headline is we need to make a decent sale by 30th June and until that happens, our selling position is vulnerable and it only gets increasingly so.

When does Euro 2024 end? After the PSR deadline?

They can't have it out there that we 'need', to what ever extent that is, to sell otherwise it hinders our negotiation hand.

It's already public knowledge that Spurs squeezed us for Richarlison. But I think most teams know what our position is, probably they're doing it more for the fans.

The clubs chaotic nature for a long time now, and the clubs DOF providing an update saying we need to sell the other week tells it's own story.

The Echo yesterday;

the Blues hierarchy have maintained they are in a stable financial position and have been left annoyed by what they consider irresponsible claims that could be damaging to their staff and players, partners and prospective partners suggesting they are close to 'going bust' or 'entering administration'.

Also yesterday;

^ In my view, that's the club briefing their preferred journos/trying to downplay the reality - which is this;

Branthwaite is thought to be valued in the region of £60m-£70m by Everton, who must sell one of their main assets before the end of June to stay in line with PSR.

I don't think anything is boxed off yet.

I think the headline is we need to make a decent sale by 30th June and until that happens, our selling position is vulnerable and it only gets increasingly so.

When does Euro 2024 end? After the PSR deadline?

The clubs chaotic nature for a long time now, and the clubs DOF providing an update saying we need to sell the other week tells it's own story.

The Echo yesterday;

Also yesterday;

^ In my view, that's the club briefing their preferred journos/trying to downplay the reality - which is this;

Yeah I think it’s very likely we need a big sale for PSR. That’s not really the issue that was being denied or briefed against yesterday though- I think it was the reports (from The S*n) that we needed a massive fire sale to avoid administration and would need to accept 40m for Branthwaite etc.

Two different situations and if the latter isn’t the case and we aren’t on the brink of administration (and see the source of the story) you can see why they’d come out actively against it. A perception that we’re on the brink is a dangerous thing both commercially and in terms of staff wellbeing etc and maybe shouldn’t be tossed around as loosely as it has been.

Esk posts as fact as if he is ITK. You said it yourself I just post my opinion.

This thread is for transfer rumours and views. Dont open it if thats not your thing.

Depends if we can offload the backups who may want gametime and security.

With zero money down? Who?

Oh its a wum. Isnt wumming banned yet.

2 Japanese chaps linked now.

RB + DM. Exciting.

Save your breath, theres been 1000s of posts saying the same for 9 or 10months now.

@Goat @MikeH and the merry men simply do not understand.

"Jap" has been racist for several decades...

Agree with the sentiment though ;)

I apologise….i didn’t know honestly. Is it possible to delete the message

Why try and be compliant? Keep the players and take the 4 point hit. It's not as if 'doing as we are told' has done us any favours before.
Assuming it's a choice between PSR compliance and keeping key players (as opposed to a choice between administration and keeping key players), this has to be something the club is considering.

You could even argue that our 2 point second deduction is a better template than Forest's 4 point deduction, because of the overlapping periods we've already been punished for.

Essentially, how many points do we lose without Branthwaite and is that more than 2 or 4?

Yeah I think it’s very likely we need a big sale for PSR. That’s not really the issue that was being denied or briefed against yesterday though- I think it was the reports (from The S*n) that we needed a massive fire sale to avoid administration and would need to accept 40m for Branthwaite etc.

Two different situations and if the latter isn’t the case and we aren’t on the brink of administration (and see the source of the story) you can see why they’d come out actively against it. A perception that we’re on the brink is a dangerous thing both commercially and in terms of staff wellbeing etc and maybe shouldn’t be tossed around as loosely as it has been.

Talk of administration isn't new.

It certainly didn't start yesterday.

Some reports inevitably overegg it - the club haven't briefed against it to date, but again the headline is we need to sell to avoid another points deduction and that makes us vulnerable.

I've seen a lot of blues think we don't need to sell - I think that's misguided.

We do need to accept 40m for Branthwaite if we don't sell anyone else, or nobody bids higher. The alternative is we take another points deduction next season, and one potentially on top of another as something was deferred from last year.

I suspect we also need to sell players before Euro 2024 starts - 3 of our 4 sellable assets will all be there and it starts in 2 weeks - and I think we need to sell players before we can think about buying any and so it's in our interest to make a sale ASAP.

Calvert-Lewin, Branthwaite, Pickford or Onana - at least one of them is sold before the end of June and at a price lower than we should be getting because of the situation the club is in.

... To add to this - I know I mentioned Euro 2024 before.

But I've just seen this which reaffirms that point;

Deadline is before Euro 2024 ends.

No idea how this wouldbe done but i think psr/ffp should have some sort of allowance for keeping players that are likely to increase in value, Branthwait will be worth more next season he is probably happy to stay so there should be some sort of allowance for developing assets...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back