Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

But I think under the terms of his contract they cant stop him going out on loan, hence why we got him this season.

I could be wrong.
They owe £190m in unpaid transfer fee's, they need loads of sales this summer. If he did come back here on loan then it wouldn't be till the end of the window imo as I reckon they will try and sell him first.

Sure i have seen his name in here before but is that jordan at birmingham any good they look to be in trouble this season so maybe get him at a good price

If the PL go to fines instead of points deduction for breaching P&S, it would probably be worth refusing to sell him in that scenario
Sounds to me like fines are a no go the PL insists on points deduction. Potentially the rules may move to a UEFA-style squad cost ratio system, where player and manager wages, amortisation charges, severance and intermediary costs are calculated against revenue to give a percentage.
Im sure whatever the rules are they will suit the established elite more than the rest trying to play catch up.

I think we have prepare ourselves for a couple of big sales - Branthwaite and Onana are the obvious ones. If we brought in ( optimisticly ) £150million I could see our budget for transfers being £50 million with £100 million being applied to reduce the debt.

In an ideal world I'd love to see a massive clear out with Alli , Coleman , Young , Gomes and any other out of contract player gone joined by Keane , Maupay , DCL , Beto , Godfrey and Holgate.

However it is unrealistic to see such a massive turnover of players on our budget.

I suspect we will see a couple of new players signed for fees , a free transfer and a loan with the likes of Coleman and Young given new contracts.
150 mill is extremely optimistic. Lucky to get 100mill for the pair.
How often have you been in a negotiation where the buyer knows you are hamstrung to sell and also know exactly what you need to meet a set of arbitary rules. I expect us to come out at the end of the summer with our pants fully around our ankles.
Of course it will suit the players, they can leave for cheap and then ensure they extract a massive wage increase by way of saying they are being sold under market value.

Sure i have seen his name in here before but is that jordan at birmingham any good they look to be in trouble this season so maybe get him at a good price
Jordan James. Yes very good, was linked with a move abroad in January but never materialised. Imagine there'll be a lot of suitors for him.

I think we have prepare ourselves for a couple of big sales - Branthwaite and Onana are the obvious ones. If we brought in ( optimisticly ) £150million I could see our budget for transfers being £50 million with £100 million being applied to reduce the debt.

In an ideal world I'd love to see a massive clear out with Alli , Coleman , Young , Gomes and any other out of contract player gone joined by Keane , Maupay , DCL , Beto , Godfrey and Holgate.

However it is unrealistic to see such a massive turnover of players on our budget.

I suspect we will see a couple of new players signed for fees , a free transfer and a loan with the likes of Coleman and Young given new contracts.
With what we still owe Lille for Onana, plus their 20% sell on, we don't stand to make much from his sale. I say not much, we could still make circa £25M if he goes for say £50M. Better than a kick in the stones. Branthwaite would be all profit though.

How often have you been in a negotiation where the buyer knows you are hamstrung to sell and also know exactly what you need to meet a set of arbitary rules. I expect us to come out at the end of the summer with our pants fully around our ankles.
Of course it will suit the players, they can leave for cheap and then ensure they extract a massive wage increase by way of saying they are being sold under market value.
There’s no way we sell both for a combined fee of 100mil unless we get relegated.

We got 60 for Richarlison and 45 for a youngster who’d hardly pulled up
Any trees and both spurs and Newcastle knew we need to sell

With what we still owe Lille for Onana, plus their 20% sell on, we don't stand to make much from his sale. I say not much, we could still make circa £25M if he goes for say £50M. Better than a kick in the stones. Branthwaite would be all profit though.
I’m going all Zat now. But if Onana was 30mil I did see 33 but maybe the 3 are add ons that say haven’t been hit.

Over his 5yr contract makes his value on the books 18mil So say we got 65 which I think is realistic. Lavia I think went for 55 or something along those lines, I suppose it depends on the 20% is it the whole figure or profit ??

I’m going all Zat now. But if Onana was 30mil I did see 33 but maybe the 3 are add ons that say haven’t been hit.

Over his 5yr contract makes his value on the books 18mil So say we got 65 which I think is realistic. Lavia I think went for 55 or something along those lines, I suppose it depends on the 20% is it the whole figure or profit ??
I believe the 20% is on any sell on profit, so it's that plus any outstanding owed to Lille.

Let's hope he has an unbelievable world Cup and attracts some decent offers.

I believe the 20% is on any sell on profit, so it's that plus any outstanding owed to Lille.

I read something the other day that the only really serious interest so far is from Barca who tbh are the last people we want interested (I am aware other clubs have been linked on various websites)

I don’t know the answer to this, and maybe it depends on the deal, but you mention the outstanding owed to Lille. Say we paid 10mil up front and then 7mil the following 3 summers. So we’d owe them 14mil this summer, plus the add on. Do we have to pay it once he’s sold or does it carry on at 7 mil a summer, so we’d be still paying for him when he’s not our player.

Because say arsenal bought him for 65mil, it’s very unlikely they pay all that up front. Maybe they pay 20mil upfront

If we sell them cheaper and can’t replace them it will probably cost us more lost points then keeping them and getting points deducted

I read something the other day that the only really serious interest so far is from Barca who tbh are the last people we want interested (I am aware other clubs have been linked on various websites)
I think teams would loook
At his performances for Belgium and not Everton, where basically he’s just running around trying to stop the opposition. I think a few big teams will be in for him. With the rumours of Arsenal that would make sense to them with the other options they have in midfield

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back