David James
Gary Cahill
Jack Wilshire
Joe Cole
John Obi Mikel
Cech
Evra
Del Piero
If we need a CB replacement I'd still keep with Titus over them. Cahill the only CB on that list and I'd sooner have Cole over him

I reckon 85% of this forum are made up we are selling Branthwaite!

We have bought a young player with potential and will now sell him on for a massively inflated profit! Isn't that what you are all saying we should be doing? Tony Bloom would be so proud!

Absolute bunch of wannabe Apprentice heads the lot of you! Bet you love the term 'process' & 'project' too!
I terms of the business model, following Brighton. Selling Branthwaite for a massive profit, is great. Unfortunately, we don't have a good replacement, in the squad ready to take over. Especially with us already trying to sell,, Godfrey(now refused to sign new contract). Keane and Holgate, surplus to requirements.

So we will be out scrabbling around looking for possibly 3 centre backs. Plus we have no chance, of getting anyone as good.

But I doubt, anyone will be happy to lose him. I'm still hoping we'll sell Onana and a few of the unwanted players. Then be able to keep him. This PSR has ruined, the Premier league. It's now impossible to complete with anyone in the top 6. Getting that the lower half teams can't even give them a challenge.

I terms of the business model, following Brighton. Selling Branthwaite for a massive profit, is great. Unfortunately, we don't have a good replacement, in the squad ready to take over. Especially with us already trying to sell,, Godfrey(now refused to sign new contract). Keane and Holgate, surplus to requirements.

So we will be out scrabbling around looking for possibly 3 centre backs. Plus we have no chance, of getting anyone as good.

But I doubt, anyone will be happy to lose him. I'm still hoping we'll sell Onana and a few of the unwanted players. Then be able to keep him. This PSR has ruined, the Premier league. It's now impossible to complete with anyone in the top 6. Getting that the lower half teams can't even give them a challenge.
Everton FOOTBALL CLUB

Why do Brighton get Liverpool and Chelsea fighting over players but we have one club going after our best player? FFS. Chelsea are you listening?
I wonder if it's got something to do with Brighton playing a similar style of football to the top sides, as that suggests they're more likely to slot straight in.

It's difficult to judge how a defender will look in a team that wants to play on the front foot if he's only used to sitting deep and keeping things basic, eg Everton buying Keane from Burnley.

Branthwaite has done well in a high line at PSV, but the Premier League is a different level.

It's really not that difficult to understand is it? Best to buy players who you have a chance of being able to sell on if you need to, rather than spazzing all your money on carthorses who are crap on the pitch and no other club wants to buy off you

We’ve agreed terms with Burnley left back Charlie Taylor apparently….

Oh Icarus, fly not too close to the Sun, lest your waxen wings melt.

….don’t mind him, especially if Mykolenko is struggling with those ankles.

IMG_9417.webp

It's really not that difficult to understand is it? Best to buy players who you have a chance of being able to sell on if you need to, rather than spazzing all your money on carthorses who are crap on the pitch and no other club wants to buy off you
How about buying players to actually build a team, to 'play' for the football club instead of investment opportunities?

see if we're paying him more than £30k a week given this evidence and his situation... then we've been too nice,

….he’ll be signing on a free so I suspect he’ll be on a fair bit more than that, plus a very tidy signing fee. That tends to be how it works.

Sets up Burnley’s 2nd goal here, thought he had a good game this night;

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back