Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Why do Brighton get Liverpool and Chelsea fighting over players but we have one club going after our best player? FFS. Chelsea are you listening?
Because like Branthwaite and Onana, their players have high potential but unlike us, Brighton are a well run club who cut their cloth accordingly.

We did this with Moyes but we rip apart our backrooms staff so many times and we incurred an academy ban which set us back years.

Add this to the shi5show that is Moshiri years with millions spent down the toilet with little to no sell on fees for players.

We need new ownership to just come in an run the club like a multi-million pound company.

It's an easy fix for the right owners:
Stadium Sponsorship
Training Sponsorship
Create further Commercial Deals like Castore deal
Improve Scouting and Academy
Buy low and sell high

I am assuming this is a joke
The real amount is somewhere around 50m .
We sold Iwobi , Gray, Cannon, Simms, ISS and Nkonkou. Maybe I am missing somebody but I don't think so.

I also looked at the wages saved in accounting year June 24 and I think our wages may drop by about 20m even allowing for the players we signed last summer.

Of course there may have been extra costs that are not obvious and not player related( payments to retiring board members for instance) however overall I would expect that our losses this year should not be extraordinary.

The new ground is clearly soaking up money in the year but that is not counted for PSR purposes.

I think that's because of the mess we are in that it's so gutting though. When you're a well run club in a good place you're not afraid or that upset about losing players because the right system is in place to make sure you keep moving forward. We need to get to that place and perhaps two big sales and the impending takeover will and can be the catalyst for that.
Agreed, but also you can usually sell when you want to sell unless a huge bid comes in of course

As easy as that!
I get the sarcasm, It's not easy at all it requires great scouting and of course Villa have had more funds than us recently. But it still holds true our recruitment is largely unimaginative we rely too much on "PL experience" of course you need some of that but the more reasonable higher potential players may not have PL experience look at Brighton and Brentford.

What's the point in that?
Getting the value of the profit in order to improve our financial position as well as attracting talented younger players that otherwise wouldn’t look twice but know they can move on. We benefit from them while they’re here as well as recouping the profit.

Similar to what Dortmund, Porto, Benfica and a lot of other teams do.

It could allow us to scale up in the short to medium term and potentially break the current malaise.

I get the sarcasm, It's not easy at all it requires great scouting and of course Villa have had more funds than us recently. But it still holds true our recruitment is largely unimaginative we rely too much on "PL experience" of course you need some of that but the more reasonable higher potential players may not have PL experience look at Brighton and Brentford.
We finished above Brentford & on the same points as Brighton, i wont be looking anywhere near these 2 thanks!

We finished above Brentford & on the same points as Brighton, i wont be looking anywhere near these 2 thanks!
But I'm not just talking results although we've been in three relegation battles(but yes last seasons one was due to a deduction). Overall they've recruited better than us in recent years, in Brighton's case they've made considerable greater profit and made Europe. They're better run than us from the top.

The real amount is somewhere around 50m .
We sold Iwobi , Gray, Cannon, Simms, ISS and Nkonkou. Maybe I am missing somebody but I don't think so.

I also looked at the wages saved in accounting year June 24 and I think our wages may drop by about 20m even allowing for the players we signed last summer.

Of course there may have been extra costs that are not obvious and not player related( payments to retiring board members for instance) however overall I would expect that our losses this year should not be extraordinary.

The new ground is clearly soaking up money in the year but that is not counted for PSR purposes.
Again, not doubting the figures just that people seem to think the money is still there for transfers and not swallowed up by the mess that is Everton'

But I'm not just talking results although we've been in three relegation battles(but yes last seasons one was due to a deduction). Overall they've recruited better than us in recent years, in Brighton's case they've made considerable greater profit and made Europe. They're better run than us from the top.

They are the profit champions of the world!
.............The bus parade for that must of been good!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back