Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think Branthwaite gets done prior to 30th June and then Onana will be based on how he performs in the Euros. Ideally both deals get done quite swiftly and they both happen for good fees. I don't want to lose the former but there is unfortunately an inevitability about the situation and if it has to be now then so be it.

The post that GoT made yesterday regarding our squad shows how incredibly thin it is and how much investment we need into it. That means we need to have some manoeuvrability in the market that the two sales would allow.

I think the proposed CB targets of Greaves and O'Brien would be astute signings and the type of profile of player we need to go for more often. In a good age bracket (21-25) so they have room to grow and also have resale value, but they are also ability wise able to come into the side and do a job for us from day one.

Get the money in quick, rebuild the squad and we will be fine. I think it's going to be another very slow and tough season but if we get things done appropriately then we can turn a really disappointing situation into a better long term future for the club.

I think Branthwaite gets done prior to 30th June and then Onana will be based on how he performs in the Euros. Ideally both deals get done quite swiftly and they both happen for good fees. I don't want to lose the former but there is unfortunately an inevitability about the situation and if it has to be now then so be it.

The post that GoT made yesterday regarding our squad shows how incredibly thin it is and how much investment we need into it. That means we need to have some manoeuvrability in the market that the two sales would allow.

I think the proposed CB targets of Greaves and O'Brien would be astute signings and the type of profile of player we need to go for more often. In a good age bracket (21-25) so they have room to grow and also have resale value, but they are also ability wise able to come into the side and do a job for us from day one.

Get the money in quick, rebuild the squad and we will be fine. I think it's going to be another very slow and tough season but if we get things done appropriately then we can turn a really disappointing situation into a better long term future for the club.
We need to do what Villa did when they sold Grealish they invested in quality and potential and it eventually payed off when they got a really good coach. I hope you are right it's just gutting we can't even hold onto a player playing at that level for at least two seasons but it's what it is, I just hope you are right but we are Everton and seemingly good things don't happen to us.

We need to do what Villa did when they sold Grealish they invested in quality and potential and it eventually payed off when they got a really good coach. I hope you are right it's just gutting we can't even hold onto a player playing at that level for at least two seasons but it's what it is, I just hope you are right but we are Everton and seemingly good things don't happen to us.

I think that's because of the mess we are in that it's so gutting though. When you're a well run club in a good place you're not afraid or that upset about losing players because the right system is in place to make sure you keep moving forward. We need to get to that place and perhaps two big sales and the impending takeover will and can be the catalyst for that.

They smell a little bit of Nathan Collins to me!

As easy as that!

We're likely to be about +£120m at least by end of June with Branthwaite and Onana sales. An utter travesty if we're still at any find of financial risk after that. Club might as well fold.
£120m cash and at least £12m a season better off in wages because of Gomes and Dele.

And if we were only about £9m above PSR last season (reducing it by 30m (10m pers season better off) over the three seasons from the previous PSR calc), then we surely will be able to buy to pad the squad out.

I would like to see 7 players in to make the squad competitive.

Branthwaite, Onana, Godfrey and possibly DCL could be moved on and we have lost Harrison who was on loan.

We could also see the likes of Keane, Holgate and Maupey leave so the squad is threadbare.

We need to look at players who play in multiple positions who can shore up the spots at first team level.

£120m cash and at least £12m a season better off in wages because of Gomes and Dele.

And if we were only about £9m above PSR last season (reducing it by 30m (10m pers season better off) over the three seasons from the previous PSR calc), then we surely will be able to buy to pad the squad out.

Blow me, we're getting a rebate at this rate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back