Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Back up keeper
Centre back x2
Left back
Midfielder x2
Number ten
Right winger
Forward?

If Onana, Branthwaite and likely Holgate and Godfrey all go. That's what I make we will need, I think regardless of if DCL stays, we need Chermiti to go out on loan. It's a huge job, we are going to need some buys, loans and frees. We better hope our recruitment is better than its been for years!

We are going to need eight or so players just to stand still and we need two of them to be quality to come straight in, good luck with our unimaginative recruitment :(
We have known for months that we're going into next season weaker than last, half due to PSR rules and half due to us having no money. Maybe a Takeover will happen but it won't allow us to spend anything this summer, so next season is going to be our toughest yet with our weakest squad. This was set in stone ages ago.

Come on Jarrod. Just say it: I love Everton. I've got a contract. I'm going nowhere. You can't force me to leave. I hope to be offered a new contract in the next couple of days and I hope one day to captain this magnificent club in the incredible new stadium.

We have known for months that we're going into next season weaker than last, half due to PSR rules and half due to us having no money. Maybe a Takeover will happen but it won't allow us to spend anything this summer, so next season is going to be our toughest yet with our weakest squad. This was set in stone ages ago.
I know mate, it's just criminal isn't it

I understand your desire for doom and gloom having gone without it for a bit, but no. Of course, we can make personnel mistakes and get ourselves into trouble, but this season was not and is not looking like our "toughest yet". We have no PSR concerns, we are instead at the end of the stadium build, with new buyers afoot, and building off of a mid-table finish that was taken from us. This team is in a far better place than it was a couple of seasons ago and the attempt to drag us back to the past isn't doing anyone favors. Don't let the clickbait s*n articles fool you, we are eying a top-half finish this season. Benitez or Lampard arent the manager anymore.

This all day long, we will be lucky to be on the prem next season with the squad;& team we will have.

Branthwaite & Onana will be massive losses

Be very interested to see what Thelwell can actually do when given a little money to spend, and he doesn’t have to Klarna every signing. Being able to pay a bit up front opens up the market massively. I’ve actually got faith he’d get us some decent signings in.

I’d like us to dip into the championship for the likes of Greaves to replace JB, and Clarke from Sunderland as a winger seeing as we’ve basically only got one. Throw in a few U21 gems and loan sensibly like Harrison and maybe Diallo. Then when we have new owners (the Vici billionaires will do nicely) and sell Onana, we can actually splash the cash a bit.

Be very interested to see what Thelwell can actually do when given a little money to spend, and he doesn’t have to Klarna every signing. Being able to pay a bit up front opens up the market massively. I’ve actually got faith he’d get us some decent signings in.

I’d like us to dip into the championship for the likes of Greaves to replace JB, and Clarke from Sunderland as a winger seeing as we’ve basically only got one. Throw in a few U21 gems and loan sensibly like Harrison and maybe Diallo. Then when we have new owners (the Vici billionaires will do nicely) and sell Onana, we can actually splash the cash a bit.
I get he's had his hands tied behind his back, but what gives you confidence though? I'd give KT a five or six out of ten overall but his lack of imagination(he often goes for "PL proven" when often the upside often just isn't there on value or potential) and inability to replace players who have left and the teams lack of pace really is glaring. We were lucky too Branthwaite developed at the rate he did or it would have been Keane at centre half. Midfield is another big area with Onana going also a number ten, good luck. I can see us looking at frees Ndidi and a few others to baulk to squad out. I agree we should be looking at the championship but also German, French and Belgium markets we need to unearth some players who can make a difference in the final third especially. We really need to hope they have a strategy to enact and a list of targets once Branthwaite and Onana leave as looks very likely.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back