Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Personally, the only way I'd entertain a Lukaku return is if a) we somehow managed to send Beto the opposite way b) we pay him much less wages. Obviously it's a non-starter, though, so no point contemplating it.

Long article on Lukaku in today’s Times. On £300,000 a week and Chelsea are refusing another loan & put a £38m price on his head.
Suggests reuniting with Conte at Napoli the most likely destination outside of Saudi

Ain’t rocking up at GP

Long article on Lukaku in today’s Times. On £300,000 a week and Chelsea are refusing another loan & put a £38m price on his head.
Suggests reuniting with Conte at Napoli the most likely destination outside of Saudi

Ain’t rocking up at GP
They aren't selling him. No one is matching, those wages. I can't see anyone paying £35 million on top. Chelsea might as well play him.

Ain’t rocking up at GP
What's the amortisation value of his contract? Cover that and part of his wage and Chelsea would be insane not to take that offer if they have no intention to play him.

Probably still way out of our price range mind you.

McNeil
Garner
Onana
Chermiti
Mykolenko
Patterson

All bought for good money under the age of 22 with the hope of them improving

In recent years only Beto & Maupay are not down as what you call 'not in that category'
This was always my point even before Thelwell. We miss developed or made the wrong signings or sales with plenty of youth prospects, regardless we almost always recouped value. Lookman, Kean, Vlasic, Onyekuru, Deulofeu however we felt about them they did not burn a hole in our pocket. Some we should have held onto, some we should have looked in a different direction but they aren't the reason we are in our current mess. Thats from over evaluated prime or cusp of their prime signings that ended up poor or impossible to sell on that from the outset were bought for too much.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back