Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I said too many of our signings over the last 8 years haven't been like that, which I think is true. But yes since Thelwell came in we've improved.
I'd argue our squad has got worse since Thelwell has come in!
And those 'young' players with 'sell on' aren't as good as the players they have replaced

Patterson still cant get past Coleman
Mykolenko i like but is limited compared to Lucas Digne
Onana splits fan opinion more than any player i know
Garner, McNeil etc are at there level it seems
Godfrey has depreciated massively in 'value'

I'd argue our squad has got worse since Thelwell has come in!
And those 'young' players with 'sell on' aren't as good as the players they have replaced

Patterson still cant get past Coleman
Mykolenko i like but is limited compared to Lucas Digne
Onana splits fan opinion more than any player i know
Garner, McNeil etc are at there level it seems
Godfrey has depreciated massively in 'value'
Garner, Onana, McNeil would bring in a profit on what we paid if we sold them IMO. Patterson still only 22 so jury still out. And we simply don't have the money to spend on fees and wages that we did when Walsh and Brands were there, so it makes sense the squad has got worse. Prior to Thelwell coming in we were signing players already in or about to enter their peak years, on high wages, who we then made losses on and in some cases couldn't sell and simply had to wait for contracts to run down.

Garner, Onana, McNeil would bring in a profit on what we paid if we sold them IMO. Patterson still only 22 so jury still out. And we simply don't have the money to spend on fees and wages that we did when Walsh and Brands were there, so it makes sense the squad has got worse. Prior to Thelwell coming in we were signing players already in or about to enter their peak years, on high wages, who we then made losses on and in some cases couldn't sell and simply had to wait for contracts to run down.
Again all redundant as these guys aren't at the club or have any say in the current recruitment policies!

I'd question if Garner & McNeil would yield a profit! Someone would want to have to buy them first!

Onana was a huge outlay for what will be a small profit, similar to the profit we made on Demari Gray!

You can say the jury is still out on Patterson, but while that jury is still out, who do you think would pay what we paid for him right now at this moment?

According to Swiss Ramble, with players sales booked to date we should be just about ok. He has made a no of assumption but they seem reasonable. So if we are gonna sell it looks to be on our terms at least 🤞🏻
I’ve seen that we’re set to fail by about 20m net… if that’s the case then our 9m breach of PSR last year will be down to under 7m breach this year.

So surely worst case is another 2 points given we’re reducing our breach YoY again, & the 2 points last time set a precedent (i know - means nothing with these clowns in charge) 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve seen that we’re set to fail by about 20m net… if that’s the case then our 9m breach of PSR last year will be down to under 7m breach this year.

So surely worst case is another 2 points given we’re reducing our breach YoY again, & the 2 points last time set a precedent (i know - means nothing with these clowns in charge) 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't think precedents would matter if we failed PSR 3 years on the trot. They'd throw the book at us saying stop being so rubbish with money.

We are ok if we can capitalise interest on the loans associated with construction of BMD.
This is the ‘outstanding’ point from last years PSR.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back