Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

We paid way too much for him back in the Walsh/Brands era of spaffing money all over the shop. Getting 22 million for him in the last year of his contract was tremendous business
So we invested in a talented 23 year old during your 8 year window!
We sold talented and important first team player during your 8 year window for less than what we purchased him for, and you book that down as a success?

I thought you wanted us to buy young players to sell them on for MORE money?

hmm conflicted about this one. It's good to look at City academy prospects but only 1 goal and 4 assists across all comps in League 1 gives me pause. Plus he's already 21. Haven't ever seen him play so maybe I'm wrong, but I think he should be showing a bit more by now to warrant even a bench appearance for us.

So we invested in a talented 23 year old during your 8 year window!
We sold talented and important first team player during your 8 year window for less than what we purchased him for, and you book that down as a success?

I thought you wanted us to buy young players to sell them on for MORE money?
Yes I think a good portion of our transfer activity should be younger players who will theoretically have sell on value in the future so you can generate funds if necessary. Iwobi we paid massively over the odds for as we did for lots of players, which has led to us getting points taken off us. But we still managed to get 22 mil for him in the last year of his contract which is tremendous business. Did we get 22 million for Allan, who we signed in his late 20s on massive wages? Whatever your strategy is for transfers, there will be some transfers that don't work out. I really don't see what is controversial about this opinion, having seen what we've done with the likes of Gomes, Tosun, Walcott, and many more besides them.

hmm conflicted about this one. It's good to look at City academy prospects but only 1 goal and 4 assists across all comps in League 1 gives me pause. Plus he's already 21. Haven't ever seen him play so maybe I'm wrong, but I think he should be showing a bit more by now to warrant even a bench appearance for us.
It could well be a signing to send straight out on loan to the championship with the intention of selling on for a profit. I guess kind of like Wigan buying Antonee Robinson from us and then selling for 5 times as much 2 years later.

Yes I think a good portion of our transfer activity should be younger players who will theoretically have sell on value in the future so you can generate funds if necessary. Iwobi we paid massively over the odds for as we did for lots of players, which has led to us getting points taken off us. But we still managed to get 22 mil for him in the last year of his contract which is tremendous business. Did we get 22 million for Allan, who we signed in his late 20s on massive wages? Whatever your strategy is for transfers, there will be some transfers that don't work out. I really don't see what is controversial about this opinion, having seen what we've done with the likes of Gomes, Tosun, Walcott, and many more besides them.

I'd rather have a transfer strategy of buying GOOD players at GOOD value!
Young or not, it doesn't really matter!
Allan would of represented good value if he had performed over the 3 years he was here!

You are obsessed with players ages, and selling them on! I would like the intention of all signings to be first priority of helping the team!

I'd rather have a transfer strategy of buying GOOD players at GOOD value!
Young or not, it doesn't really matter!
Allan would of represented good value if he had performed over the 3 years he was here!

You are obsessed with players ages, and selling them on! I would like the intention of all signings to be first priority of helping the team!
Lol I'm not obsessed with anything lol And yes we all want signings to help the team first and foremost that is obvious

He's mainly a defensive midfielder, who can also do a job at full back

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back