Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Here is an exert from an article on top performing Championship players. When looking at the top performing players he is the only defender getting a mention too which must say something.

"Winner of his club’s Young Player of the Year award for three consecutive seasons, the lanky frame of 22-year-old Jacob Greaves is rapidly becoming a seriously respected sight among Championship strikers.

Not necessarily the most technically-blessed player in the division, but so effective that it barely matters. He’s utterly dominant in the air, rarely misses a tackle and is a pretty impressive figure from set pieces too, netting four times this season. As we said, pretty good division for centre-backs – although it surely won’t be long before the top tier comes calling."

Fair enough, can be difficult to find the price they would want. But one thing is if we sold Jarrad they would push for 30m which I wouldn't pay
If we sell Branthwaite for something resembling our asking price clubs will be shoving their dross in our face like we just sold Lukaku, Spurs just sold Bale or Barcelona just sold Neymar. It's very difficult to conclude transactions at a reasonable price after a big sale, and reversing the ordering just encourages the well-heeled club to lowball, knowing a sale is now forced.

hmm conflicted about this one. It's good to look at City academy prospects but only 1 goal and 4 assists across all comps in League 1 gives me pause. Plus he's already 21. Haven't ever seen him play so maybe I'm wrong, but I think he should be showing a bit more by now to warrant even a bench appearance for us.
The squad needs beefing up but on a shoestring

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back