Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

You'll know if we're budgeting for the *worst* possible outcome in respect of the interest hearing because you'll see a DCL sale before the 31st of June (it won't be Onana because he's at the EUROs, and it won't be Branthwaite because there's no club currently willing to go to our valuation).

I'm assuming a DCL sale at some point because he still hasn't signed a contract extension despite having been in discussion for three weeks and there are other clubs expressing interest due to the time left on his current contract, a la Iwobi to Fulham.

Club being very prudent, solving two problems - PSR compliance this year (and keep Branthwaite for a future sale to keep us compliant in the next two to three years). Also solving issues of DCL wanting a pay rise with one year left.

Chelsea the other club interested alongside Newcastle

Club being very prudent, solving two problems - PSR compliance this year (and keep Branthwaite for a future sale to keep us compliant in the next two to three years). Also solving issues of DCL wanting a pay rise with one year left.

Chelsea the other club interested alongside Newcastle
Agree, it’s the pragmatic move. As we discussed even if Dobbin gets us close to compliant DCL would be belt and braces with the interest issue still looming.

Another way to look at things as regards Branthwaite, ideally this means we keep him (and I’d argue he’d have better options than Man Utd if he holds off a year) but even if 25m now for DCL enables us to hold out for 75m for JB rather than settle for a derisory 50m due to our PSR position then the DCL deal could be effectively worth 50m.

I did wonder if Chelsea might have a late sniff if PSR deals are the game- for Minteh replace Broja. Probably rather take Minteh though.

Agree, it’s the pragmatic move. As we discussed even if Dobbin gets us close to compliant DCL would be belt and braces with the interest issue still looming.

Another way to look at things as regards Branthwaite, ideally this means we keep him (and I’d argue he’d have better options than Man Utd if he holds off a year) but even if 25m now for DCL enables us to hold out for 75m for JB rather than settle for a derisory 50m due to our PSR position then the DCL deal could be effectively worth 50m.

I did wonder if Chelsea might have a late sniff if PSR deals are the game- for Minteh replace Broja. Probably rather take Minteh though.
You would wonder if somebody else comes in for Branthwaite?

It would appear as tho we have put United to the sword, but its possible that other clubs enter the fray once we go past the 30th June cut off point?

Something to consider I suppose, but I doubt there are many clubs with a spare 70m to throw at a CB.

If this Tim/Dobbin swap deal gets us clear of PSR, does that mean we can spend (within our funds) anything we want July onwards but just having to be conscious on what profit we'd need to bring in Summer 2025?

You would wonder if somebody else comes in for Branthwaite?

It would appear as tho we have put United to the sword, but its possible that other clubs enter the fray once we go past the 30th June cut off point?

Something to consider I suppose, but I doubt there are many clubs with a spare 70m to throw at a CB.
Agreed. How many are looking for a CB as well?

Real Madrid are likely losing Nacho and have been linked.
Chelsea perhaps just sign any young player they get wind of so thats never being ruled out.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back