Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If this Tim/Dobbin swap deal gets us clear of PSR, does that mean we can spend (within our funds) anything we want July onwards but just having to be conscious on what profit we'd need to bring in Summer 2025?
Mixture of both i'd imagine. Still need to keep an eye on it - but we do have sellable assets.

We've scrimped and saved for years now so our PSR for 24-25 should be decent enough to be able to spend a bit of cashola.

If this Tim/Dobbin swap deal gets us clear of PSR, does that mean we can spend (within our funds) anything we want July onwards but just having to be conscious on what profit we'd need to bring in Summer 2025?
We will still need to be very wary of next season’s PSR so I doubt there will be crazy spending but if the cash flow’s a bit more predictable under the new owner we will be able to at least spend what comes in rather than diverting it elsewhere.

The issue next season is that 21/22 will drop off the PSR calculation and that’s the season where the PSR number was only 10m ie by far our best recent season. So there will be a job to replicate that next season. That said, even if we get one more season from JB it’s highly likely he will still be sold by the end of June 25.

We will still need to be very wary of next season’s PSR so I doubt there will be crazy spending but if the cash flow’s a bit more predictable under the new owner we will be able to at least spend what comes in rather than diverting it elsewhere.

The issue next season is that 21/22 will drop off the PSR calculation and that’s the season where the PSR number was only 10m ie by far our best recent season. So there will be a job to replicate that next season. That said, even if we get one more season from JB it’s highly likely he will still be sold by the end of June 25.

Yeh obviously more goes into it but our net spend for 22/23 and 23/24 were very healthy. It would be nice to think at some point we could finally spend something without having to instantly farm out our best players.

Was it? How did we get an 8 point deduction for that one and only a 2 point deduction for 22/23 then?

You would wonder if somebody else comes in for Branthwaite?

It would appear as tho we have put United to the sword, but its possible that other clubs enter the fray once we go past the 30th June cut off point?

Something to consider I suppose, but I doubt there are many clubs with a spare 70m to throw at a CB.

Just to say as well. If Branthwaite was to go - to which I wouldn't begrudge him for going anyway - I would love it to be to Real Madrid.
I think if I’m Branthwaite and his agent I’d believe he should be at an elite club, ie one contending for league titles and for the Champions League. Man United are a long way from that right now.

So if those clubs aren’t in this summer, what’s his best route to get to an elite club in 1-2 years time? I’d certainly argue that one more season at Everton is a better route to that than signing a 5 year contract at Man United. There’s always a price that will get him from Everton, not necessarily the case if he’s trapped at United.

Yeh obviously more goes into it but our net spend for 22/23 and 23/24 were very healthy. It would be nice to think at some point we could finally spend something without having to instantly farm out our best players.
Next summer is the big turning point. We massively increase our revenue with the stadium just as PSR moves to a system based more on revenue, it’s the perfect situation to give us a boost. Just need to get there intact.

Was it? How did we get an 8 point deduction for that one and only a 2 point deduction for 22/23 then?
We got a 6 point deduction for the first one. The 2 point deduction for the second one was due to double jeopardy.

It’s about the three year calculation. 21/22 was our best year recently (largely due to the late sale of Richy) but was still enough to tip us into breach.

I really hate to say it, but having 3 strikers in DCL, Beto and Chermiti is a bit awkward for us. We’ve got so much money tied up in the latter 2 and regrettably, they’re the worst options. We would get such a massive PSR bump from selling DCL. If he was banging in 20 I’d be devastated but he’s just not clinical enough to make him untouchable. If we could get the PSR bump from his sale. Get a position of need sorted with someone like Minteh, then it may be a good solution long term. You’d pray that adding pace and creativity behind Beto could get him to at least DCL’s numbers per season. It’s the hopefully mindset, but I don’t think it’s completely unrealistic.

I really like Dom, but I think Branthwaite and Pickford are our only untouchable assets this window.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.