Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

You think that's German???
1000038211.webp

I had never even heard of Minteh just a few days ago so I can hardly be disappointed that we are not signing a player I had never heard of or seen play.

However, he certainly has the right profile for the type of player we should be signing but 30m-40m for a player who cost 6m 12 months ago and had a good season in Holland is silly money.

If Newcastle genuinely thought he was going to be a superstar they would fight to keep him as we are doing with Branthwaite imo.

I wonder how serious our interest ever was, certainly at the price being mentioned.
If we sell DCL, and that now looks likely, we will need all of that to replace himadequately.
We know we tried to sign Ndiaye before and I certainly could see us try to sign him again, but have we the money to do so?
We also know we tried very hard to sign Gnonto and it would be reasonable to expect we will try , but again where will the funds come from ?

I hope it isn't Branthwaite but instead maybe Onana, DCL, Maupay and maybe Godfrey.

A club like Lyon can amortisise £40million over 5 years, yes. But doesn't mean a selling club doesn't require a chunk of the fee upfront.

25 upfront. 15 spread over 5 years.

I don't think any team accepts 40 million on drip for 5 years or longer.
Newcastle don’t have a cash problem. Like none whatsoever.

They do have a PSR problem though. Which means they need to balance the books by the end of the month.

Their owners probably couldn’t give a toss if they ever see a penny of the £40m, as long as it shows on this years accounts.

A club like Lyon can amortisise £40million over 5 years, yes. But doesn't mean a selling club doesn't require a chunk of the fee upfront.

Cash is not newcastles problem. Spreading it over 5 years is only a credit risk issue really (assuming you are well run). The credit risk is protected by things like point deductions for not paying (see Leeds in a minute) and going into administration.

Newcastle don’t have a cash problem. Like none whatsoever.

They do have a PSR problem though. Which means they need to balance the books by the end of the month.

Their owners probably couldn’t give a toss if they ever see a penny of the £40m, as long as it shows on this years accounts.
Yeah I get they have a bottomless pit of cash. But it's complete fantasy to think any serious entity, business or sovereign state are willing to accept bids via Klarna.

They will still want cashflow and to be run legitimate. They don't just get the state credit card out for transfers.

Newcastle are one of the few clubs that's not a problem for

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back