Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yeah I get they have a bottomless pit of cash. But it's complete fantasy to think any serious entity, business or sovereign state are willing to accept bids via Klarna.

They will still want cashflow and to be run legitimate. They don't just get the state credit card out for transfers.
They do not have a cash flow problem and never will with ownership is as it is.

How the payments are structured has not impact whatsoever on the accounting or the subsequent profit / loss made by the business.

The auditors would just make a not to the accounts to the effect of the business being reliant on the support of the shareholders

Yeah I get they have a bottomless pit of cash. But it's complete fantasy to think any serious entity, business or sovereign state are willing to accept bids via Klarna.

They will still want cashflow and to be run legitimate. They don't just get the state credit card out for transfers.
As far as I know transfer fees are usually paid in instalments. Most PL clubs owe a packet in net future transfer instalments, although for all our other problems we are actually owed more than we owe as of the last accounts.

A club like Lyon can amortisise £40million over 5 years, yes. But doesn't mean a selling club doesn't require a chunk of the fee upfront.

25 upfront. 15 spread over 5 years.

I don't think any team accepts 40 million on drip for 5 years or longer.
People always seem to forget or not understand this bit. Even though a lot of transfer fees are spread its not usually an even spread most clubs want the majority up front and allow some of it on the drip not the whole thing in equal installments like people always suggest.

I have no idea what the books look like but they've thought we were fine before and we clearly weren't. I think we can be forgiven for feeling a little bit concerned.
Obviously they have done a very poor job running things, so mostly agreed, though I can suggest one good reason to think they are right this time...

Last time the reason was because they found out from the league that an entire category of expenses was not being allowed. They understood the numbers, but it was the re-classification of those expenses that changed that. Im not saying they arent incompetent enough to have that happen again, but it would be even more shocking to have a new category of expenses re-classified. Especially if they now know exactly what the PL allowed and didnt allow on last years books.

Obviously they have done a very poor job running things, so mostly agreed, though I can suggest one good reason to think they are right this time...

Last time the reason was because they found out from the league that an entire category of expenses was not being allowed. They understood the numbers, but it was the re-classification of those expenses that changed that. Im not saying they arent incompetent enough to have that happen again, but it would be even more shocking to have a new category of expenses re-classified. Especially if they now know exactly what the PL allowed and didnt allow on last years books.
Incompetent is our middle name

They might accept a lower up front fee with a buy back option or a percentage of a future sale. But I genuinely think he will be snapped up very soon
Then Id be correct, not at 40m they wont. Which means their negotiation with Everton is not actually what they will accept for him. Which follows what I said that they are betting on the other to cave before the season starts, and there's a decent chance it gets revisited, maybe even next week.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back