Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Weren't you a disciple of Roberto? So you just want us to camp out in a low block all season occasionally punting some balls near the opposing goal?

I still am.

Roberto's game was to play on the counter away from home and get a lot of bodies behind the ball. At home it was different.

That's what we have to do: get to a situation where we can adopt different tactics. Having the right players to do that is vital.

We had the 4th best defence in the league last season. Defending is not something we struggle with.

If we are "upgrading", we need to upgrade to a fullback who attacks.

Patto was our most creative fullback last season and he played about 6 games.
We're getting shut of Branthwaite so we need to shore up a position of weakness on that RB side.

We had the 4th best defence in the league last season. Defending is not something we struggle with.

If we are "upgrading", we need to upgrade to a fullback who attacks.

Patto was our most creative fullback last season and he played about 6 games.
Beat me to it!

Defensively I think you are right. Got to remember, by some miracle, we had the 4th best defence in the premier league last season. We have greater problems up front.
Almost entirely due to having the best CB pairing in the PL.

We won't have that next season.

I still am.

Roberto's game was to play on the counter away from home and get a lot of bodies behind the ball. At home it was different.

That's what we have to do: get to a situation where we can adopt different tactics. Having the right players to do that is vital.
That's a sensible approach but how does another fullback that lacks offensive proficiency offer anything different than what we have in that position?
Also Roberto's downfall was he became too rigid to his preferred style despite the counter attacking play being actually effective

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back