Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Godfrey going is a move that suits everyone. Has to be said again how well Thelwell and Dyche are doing to get rid of these players and clear out the financial problems. Leaving us in an incredible strong position for the rest of the wi

Godfrey going is a move that suits everyone. Has to be said again how well Thelwell and Dyche are doing to get rid of these players and clear out the financial problems. Leaving us in an incredible strong position for the rest of the window.
I agree that Godfrey going is a good move for everyone and I think KT and SD are not to blame for the mess that the club is in. However, I'm not sure we are in an incredibly strong position as DCL, Keane and Holgate are in last year of contract and it seems we are in a position which is bad for the club for each of them (DCL won't sign, the other two won't leave). Also, we have no idea there is to spend. Time will tell I guess.

I think Keane will be wanting playing time. Didn’t we refuse him a move to West Ham in Jan? Maybe told him he can leave this summer. More than likely we loan him out, possibly part paying his wages. (As long as cover comes in).

I dont think Holgate is going anywhere unfortuantely, as I dont think anyone will pay real money for him.

At this point I think its sell Maupay, Onana, DCL and maybe Patterson and thats all that we move. I dont think Keane will fetch much with his age, and we already need to bring in one CB.

Is his book value still not in the £10m range so does little for us for PSR before June 30th
Also consider that our books count player amortization and wages. Yes, for the 23/24 books Godfrey should still has 10m book value. If we dont sell him its no change to our books. If we do sell him for 10m, we get 0 in profit, but -5m in amortization costs, so our PSR is 5m better. Selling any player helps our books in 3 areas: Profit, wages removed, amortization removed.

Don’t underestimate Thelwell. My prediction is Keane and Maupay will go on permanents, the other 2 on loan
I admire your optimism. I personally think Patto's staying, Maupay will go on loan. Keane will stay and mayyyyyybe Holgate will also go on loan. If we can get another CB option(s) I don't necessarily have an issue with Keane staying as 4th/5th choice coverage. if Holgate and Maupay's wages get off the books, I'll be happy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back