Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

This is just totally bizarre.
Quite smart from them actually, imo. Buy a lad for €7m, send him to a poor side in a great league, if he can't get in the team he's probably not going to develop to Inter's level, if he does get in he raises his value instantly by being a PL player and if he does well inter have a great player on their hands that they know can already cut it.

Chelsea did the exact same thing for years under the last owner and made hundreds of millions off it (aside from the fact they were paying even more in dodgy deals behind the scenes for these players, but that's neither here nor there according to the PL apparently)

I’ve actually seen this player in person and on tv (for once). This is a decent scouting report but I’ve read that his passing has improved since he moved abroad. Clearly I’m not watching Serie B.

I watched him a few times when he was younger. He lumbered around the pitch. The hope would be that his foot speed improved in the 3 years he's been in Italy.

Not a big Di Marzio fan, but FWIW.

View attachment 265137
Trying to work out the squad depth now is kinda weird.

LW: McNeil / Lindstrom
AM: Ndiaye / Dele
RW: Harrison / Gnonto
CM: Doucoure / Tessman
DM: Gana / Garner / Iroebugnam

Does that seem right? Certainly better than last year but feel like we'd need more of a starter for CM with losing Onana. I don't think we'll have any big sales after so might be a sign that we're going as we are there and probably hoping someone like Kalvin Phillips becomes a better deal later in the window. Nice to see the squad filling out a little bit though, feels like since COVID we've not named an actual full bench with actual players.

Cant think of a single reason for doing that Tessman deal on either side. For that reason, Sky Italia are chatting bubbles
Inter want the player but don’t see him ready to start for them so loan him to us to get some more European experience in a different league ready for him to rejoin the Inter squad in 2025. We only have to pay Inter a loan fee and a share of wages which helps us save money to put towards another target. Both clubs win

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back