Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Very welcoming of this deal.
We get a look at him, he gets a look at us.
Reasonable fee if it works out.
Player should be hungry to prove himself.
This guy should be aiming at a place in the Danish squad.
So like a Everloan deal in the best sense.
We used to do so well with these, it's time we got that back and great for us in straitened times.

Reminds me of an Arteta type move actually, although this guy has performed at a higher level than Mikel had when he came

Yeah the big question is what he does if he doesn’t get a move he likes this summer, does that tell him he’s at the right level or does he gamble on his stock being higher next summer. Because that’s not guaranteed.

For me he’s probably at the biggest club in the PL where he would be a more or less guaranteed starter but like you say maybe he just wants a change of scenery or his priorities are different.

Think the big question is what do we do next for me mate, controlling the contolables - two easiest solutions are we sign and reinvest, he signs a new deal, if either don’t happen then we have a decision to make.

Do we decide his value is such that we take the hit on him and play him or we decide we can’t rely on him long term and make him but part and we move on. The latter will be the worry for Dom as if he has a no show season then his wage value drops in the market, the other risk for him is he stays and collapses with injuries.

I agree, apparently we’ve offered him a three year deal with an option on 130k a week - I think that’s a fantastic deal for him heading into his 30s over this cycle and gaurentees him fit, first team football. If he leaves it’s for one of two reasons 1) He’s offered more money elsewhere or a longe contract or 2) He thinks he will be more successful at another club - both those things, I have my doubts about!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back