Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The more i look at it mate, the more i see it as long term plan being developed bar Beto and Maupay (out of necessity) we tend not to invest money in fees for anyone over the 26 mark, hopefully this means incremental building with the right development and age cohort - that as play3rs come of age we build underneath these profiles again. You see a bit of a model developing as Bluestevon has been saying for a few days now.
Yeah, young player development is the best long term path but typically the luxury of the currently better clubs. But hopefully the investing into the likes of Branthwaite, Chermiti, Tim, Garner and the youth signings over the past 2 seasons is finally setting us up for the future.

Yeah, young player development is the best long term path but typically the luxury of the currently better clubs. But hopefully the investing into the likes of Branthwaite, Chermiti, Tim, Garner and the youth signings over the past 2 seasons is finally setting us up for the future.

Under Thelwell we've spent a total of 3m euros on players post 25.

24 and under we've spent 'roughly' - 108m euros.

Only cf is an anomaly were we've spent around 35-38m on two 25yo players - again on this part I am certain this was not part of the structured plan but out of desperation due to DCL being made of paper.

We clearly have a system in place under thelwell

A similar trend can be seen with sales also. We seem to be offloading players around the sge of 26-27 or so, combined with young players after their initial contracts but before they need to be decided upon extending past the age of 22 or so.

Anomalies to this again can be seen in the Gordon, Richy and Onana sakes, but again these three (well first two for certain) where more forced due to needing to comply with the financial regulations - essentially both where sold earlier than the model we seem to be applying would have wanted.

A similar trend can be seen with sales also. We seem to be offloading players around the sge of 26-27 or so, combined with young players after their initial contracts but before they need to be decided upon extending past the age of 22 or so.

Anomalies to this again can be seen in the Gordon, Richy and Onana sakes, but again these three (well first two for certain) where more forced due to needing to comply with the financial regulations - essentially both where sold earlier than the model we seem to be applying would have wanted.
Are you suggesting that we might actually have some sort of plan?

Are you suggesting that we might actually have some sort of plan?

Yup, Thelwell has full control over the strategy I believe, and honestly it seems when looking at the statistics that it's by far and away the best system we could have hoped for in current circumstances.

Another thing to add, I'm gonna look fully into the wages since Thelwell arrived, on a cursory look though we have completely altered our wage structure, each season after he arrived uts becoming more and obvious, assuming DCL doesn't resign then by next summer we will i believe have only one player remaining on over 70k PW (Pickford)

Under Thelwell we've spent a total of 3m euros on players post 25.

24 and under we've spent 'roughly' - 108m euros.

Only cf is an anomaly were we've spent around 35-38m on two 25yo players - again on this part I am certain this was not part of the structured plan but out of desperation due to DCL being made of paper.

We clearly have a system in place under thelwell
I've been a fan of Kev's transfer approach so far and I think we'll have a moment in another season or two where we're in a fairly comfortable position of good wages, player age, and quality. It'll creep up on us and if we can get to a steady financial position as a club, I think Thelwell's gonna be very highly regarded for his work.

Looks done then. Like this deal, can’t go too far wrong with a loan with option.

Absolutely great deal.

Again we had no competition because we weren't running out telling every journo going our business before even bidding, none of our media got fed the story - so no leaks, running a tight ship and pretty sure the amount of people at the club in the conversations on players is now very very small (thelwell and the manager to a degree,)

Last edited:
I've been a fan of Kev's transfer approach so far and I think we'll have a moment in another season or two where we're in a fairly comfortable position of good wages, player age, and quality. It'll creep up on us and if we can get to a steady financial position as a club, I think Thelwell's gonna be very highly regarded for his work.

He's doing exactly what a proper dof should do

Have a strict plan, recruit to the plan, don't deviate from it and keeps his head down and works out of the spotlight.

Still don’t believe it like but they certainly are selling it….

"Everything done for Lindstrom's transfer from Napoli to Everton. Player traveling at the moment for medical visits. Onerous loan (three million) with right of redemption set at 22."

Slight mistranslation that mate.

It says

The fatty at persil transfers his memento to Linda Storm who lives in Naples but is all Everton. Her fella Gio wears Castore which looks like a vagina in his quest to purchase vital medicine. Preston, where one Ross ( trees from milly only) conned Dritto the rascal and fisted him aged 22.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back