Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Haha Yes mate.

We need almost every position sorting apart from GK.

Its ok looking at the first 11 if all fit and going thats not too bad but our injury record is appalling and by game number 2 of the season we could see 2-3 of them players in the starting line up.
I actually couldn’t agree more with your point and we desperately need cover and actually a bit more quality but I couldn’t resist the opportunity for a cheap gag .

Im glad i dont care as much about the club and football in general now.

When i go the match i love it but if watch us on the telly its more a shrug of the shoulders regardless of the result, it effects me for about 30 mins max now.
I look back at things I didn’t do , cancelled or lost because of Everton and not when I was a kid by the way . Then look at the way I view them now , when I see Everton mostly as a way to facilitate a day out and think I feel it’s a much healthier relationship.

I look back at things I didn’t do , cancelled or lost because of Everton and not when I was a kid by the way . Then look at the way I view them now , when I see Everton mostly as a way to facilitate a day out and think I feel it’s a much healthier relationship.
Honestly mate i think going the game for most of us now is a day out with ye son, dad, brother, the lads, and most of the time the 90 minutes of football and more often than not ruins it.

Why is that fair?

If I was stirring the pot for months, writing letters demanding answers to the board and calling on Evertonians to march then the least I would do is turn up myself.

He chimes on about his business and financial acumen so you would think he has a few quid spare to come and march himself.

He is a hypocrite, a self publicising narcissist who plays with our fanbase like puppets because he knows a few financial terms and can convince people he’s a financial ITK.

He was previously outed as being far from an ITK with transfers so he moved on to something else
You said he has never set foot in the ground himself. Am certain he has albeit the fact he lives in the US means any visits are likely infrequent (have no idea how often he does visit but recall his saying he was here for the end of season Bournemouth game 2 seasons back on his podcast). Also expect moderator Andy here could verify if needed.

Not disputing any of your assertions about some of his opinions being speculative and with a mix of implied ITK information that has shown to be bogus. But saying he never actually set foot in the ground himself is just inaccurate.

You said he has never set foot in the ground himself. Am certain he has albeit the fact he lives in the US means any visits are likely infrequent (have no idea how often he does visit but recall his saying he was here for the end of season Bournemouth game 2 seasons back on his podcast). Also expect moderator Andy here could verify if needed.

Not disputing any of your assertions about some of his opinions being speculative and with a mix of implied ITK information that has shown to be bogus. But saying he never actually set foot in the ground himself is just inaccurate.
I don’t believe I ever said that he has never been to Goodison.

I said he has never turned up at one of the protests as far as anyone is aware. Like I said, call me old fashioned but if I argue and shout from the rooftops about an issue - I am definitely going to be there when the protest march actually takes place.

We have holes everywhere!

We have Coleman and Young with a combined age of 246 years who are the back up for Patterson who the manager clearly doesnt like.
We are one injury away from a Keane or Holgate on the teamsheet at CB
We have Myko at LB and his back up will be one probably be Young (Again one injury or suspension away from disaster)
CM we need who can actually play a forward pass and dictate a game
A striker who is fit and turns up most weeks (I believe Chermiti will make that his own this season)
Wingers with pace who can cross a ball or take a player on..

Our squad should be bulked up so with injuries we still dont have to field players like Keane Holgate Coleman Young.
We do not. We have good starters at GK, CBx2, LB, LW, CM and have capable players at multiple other positions right now. The same players that got midtable points under brutal conditions last season. Its beyond absurd to suggest that we have holes everywhere if we hit on another CM, 2 attackers, a CB and a RB over this window and next summer. Because we wont have a backup LB??

Yes, if our entire squad gets injured we wont play very well, the same as 15 other clubs in the league.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back