Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Really what Im hoping for is that over this next week we see the Lindstrom and RB deals come through and one of those CM loans. At that point you could easily make a case we are better off than last season, and any else for the window is gravy(with one exception, a CB a must).

We would have lost unimportant pieces in Godfrey, Dobin and Onana, and added Tim, Ndiaye, Lindstrom, maybe Tchatchoua, and Ugochukwu(loan). Id take that considering the situation, even if we dont get movement with the strikers.

Really want a close season were we don’t need to do about five deals.

Imagine just needing one or two players for improvement.

Can’t remember the last time we had a balanced squad, under Carlo second season maybe and Silva’s first year.

He does live in the US to be fair.
Why is that fair?

If I was stirring the pot for months, writing letters demanding answers to the board and calling on Evertonians to march then the least I would do is turn up myself.

He chimes on about his business and financial acumen so you would think he has a few quid spare to come and march himself.

He is a hypocrite, a self publicising narcissist who plays with our fanbase like puppets because he knows a few financial terms and can convince people he’s a financial ITK.

He was previously outed as being far from an ITK with transfers so he moved on to something else

Not saying I believe this but this is the kind of striker I expected us to be linked with. An older target man with a decent record. Assuming DCL leaves, we'd then have an experienced older head (Milik), a prime striker (Beto) and a prospect (Chermiti). A nice mix. (And Maupay will leave of course)
I think you might be right there, I could easily see us selling Maupay, and one of Beto/DCL, and adding Milik. Sell two players for 25 million, then buy one for 6 million to be the older counter to Chermiti. You get profit, you get a guy who is past his prime but still good for 1500 minutes and 5-7 goals, and he mentors Chermiti while he grows into a full time role.

Really want a close season were we don’t need to do about five deals.

Imagine just needing one or two players for improvement.

Can’t remember the last time we had a balanced squad, under Carlo second season maybe and Silva’s first year.
True, seems every year I go "If we get recruitment right, we will only have 2-3 holes to fill next season". But then thats never the case. If we get recruitment right this season and Chermiti develops? 1 CB, 1 CM, and 1 attacker next season might do it.

But I sadly suspect we will need more than that.

I think you might be right there, I could easily see us selling Maupay, and one of Beto/DCL, and adding Milik. Sell two players for 25 million, then buy one for 6 million to be the older counter to Chermiti. You get profit, you get a guy who is past his prime but still good for 1500 minutes and 5-7 goals, and he mentors Chermiti while he grows into a full time role.

we aren’t signing milk mate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back