Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

True, seems every year I go "If we get recruitment right, we will only have 2-3 holes to fill next season". But then thats never the case. If we get recruitment right this season and Chermiti develops? 1 CB, 1 CM, and 1 attacker next season might do it.

But I sadly suspect we will need more than that.
We have holes everywhere!

We have Coleman and Young with a combined age of 246 years who are the back up for Patterson who the manager clearly doesnt like.
We are one injury away from a Keane or Holgate on the teamsheet at CB
We have Myko at LB and his back up will be one probably be Young (Again one injury or suspension away from disaster)
CM we need who can actually play a forward pass and dictate a game
A striker who is fit and turns up most weeks (I believe Chermiti will make that his own this season)
Wingers with pace who can cross a ball or take a player on..

Our squad should be bulked up so with injuries we still dont have to field players like Keane Holgate Coleman Young.

We have Coleman and Young with a combined age of 246 years who are the back up for Patterson who the manager clearly doesnt like.
We have Myko at LB and his back up will be one probably be Young (Again one injury or suspension away from disaster)
A striker who is fit and turns up most weeks (I believe Chermiti will make that his own this season)

Our squad should be bulked up so with injuries we still dont have to field players like Keane Holgate Coleman Young.
Yeah but apart from that all good right ?

True, seems every year I go "If we get recruitment right, we will only have 2-3 holes to fill next season". But then thats never the case. If we get recruitment right this season and Chermiti develops? 1 CB, 1 CM, and 1 attacker next season might do it.

But I sadly suspect we will need more than that.

The more i look at it mate, the more i see it as long term plan being developed bar Beto and Maupay (out of necessity) we tend not to invest money in fees for anyone over the 26 mark, hopefully this means incremental building with the right development and age cohort - that as play3rs come of age we build underneath these profiles again. You see a bit of a model developing as Bluestevon has been saying for a few days now.

Yeah but apart from that all good right ?
Haha Yes mate.

We need almost every position sorting apart from GK.

Its ok looking at the first 11 if all fit and going thats not too bad but our injury record is appalling and by game number 2 of the season we could see 2-3 of them players in the starting line up.

holes in goodison to

Likely this is the last season for both Coleman and Young so planning now and realising that we will need 2 new fullbacks in place and ready for Premier League games in 2025/6 would be smart. Coupled with Patterson and slapgate, we have an impending crisis that Thelwell must see.
For CB's - I cannot imagine Dyche is thrilled at the opportunity to name either Keane or Holgate in a starting lineup but as you say one injury or red card suspension away....
Looks like we are being journo-linked with a couple of more versatile defenders ala Godfrey. I hope dyche is not resting on the laurels of last seasons defensive strength and thinking we are ok defensively so lets go find some wingers.

sadly mate. it’s needs sorting asap

sick of being in limbo all the time
1721752252120.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back