Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We almost did with Richarlison and Gordon in the side. We're deffo losing one of them and signing Winks. Would you say that leaves us with a better or a worse squad?
We almost went down with 6 months of managerial hell, the worst injuries in the league by a country mile, horrendous decisions against us, Keane in defence who will be replaced by Tarks and what ever other signings we make....Winks is not done btw and would defo improve ourcurrent MF.

We will have a better squad withut doubt

Because he's not very good.

I don't actually think he really showed too much. He's basically a high end Sigurdsson. It's still not a player I'm starting.
A high end Sigurdsson sounds like exactly what we need tbh. Gylfi was never worth what we paid for him but I think his quality on the ball was missed last year. The year before under Carlo he was pretty good.

We almost went down with 6 months of managerial hell, the worst injuries in the league by a country mile, horrendous decisions against us, Keane in defence who will be replaced by Tarks and what ever other signings we make....Winks is not done btw and would defo improve ourcurrent MF.

We will have a better squad withut doubt
Is this like last season when you were sure we were just about to sign two or three boss players, until we didn't?

Richarlison was our best player last season, Winks is a teeny tiny crab. We offered JJK a new three year contract. The runes ain't looking good. We literally only have 4 saleable assets, are massively hamstrung by P&L rules, have a stadium to pay for, still have some big earners who rarely play on the books (Gomes, Mina and Gbamin spring to mind). I'm not sure where your confidence of a better squad comes from. I hope you are correct, of course, but I'm struggling to see it currently.

Ok, he’s not very good in your opinion. I think there is still a more than capable player there, one of the best AMs in the league when he’s fit and right.

I never said he showed too much, but he definitely showed a bit of class and made a difference in the outcome of games (second half at palace for one) and he’s miles better than most of the absolute gash we have in midfield, even when he isn’t quite right, but you wouldn’t play him as a starter!?!

Ok, let’s go with Gomes or an unproven onyango instead - mental.
I wouldn't play him in midfield because he's not much of a midfielder and I wouldn't play him as a #10 or a second striker because I don't think the team does well when we have someone doing that. So he doesn't play.

And fwiw it is only Palace where he made a difference, a large part of which was a poor decision bouncing the right way.

Is this like last season when you were sure we were just about to sign two or three boss players, until we didn't?

Richarlison was our best player last season, Winks is a teeny tiny crab. We offered JJK a new three year contract. The runes ain't looking good. We literally only have 4 saleable assets, are massively hamstrung by P&L rules, have a stadium to pay for, still have some big earners who rarely play on the books (Gomes, Mina and Gbamin spring to mind). I'm not sure where your confidence of a better squad comes from. I hope you are correct, of course, but I'm struggling to see it currently.
We tried for Dumfries and Diaz, that’s fact

We lose Rich which will be gutting, we will sign others, we all know that

Tarks alone makes us much better defensively

Mad that due to the utter incompetence of this board and our clown of an owner we're once again reduced to sitting on our hands and hoping that one of our so-called rivals will come and buy one of our better players from us before we can spend a penny.

We tried for Dumfries and Diaz, that’s fact

We lose Rich which will be gutting, we will sign others, we all know that

Tarks alone makes us much better defensively
We also tried to buy Shearer back in the day, we didn't offer anywhere near his value, but we tried.

Your faith in Everton's recruitment is admirable but naive, imo. Who was the last player we bought for a lower price than their predecessor who wasn't a downgrade?

We also tried to buy Shearer back in the day, we didn't offer anywhere near his value, but we tried.

Your faith in Everton's recruitment is admirable but naive, imo. Who was the last player we bought for a lower price than their predecessor who wasn't a downgrade?
Rondon is probably marginally better than Tosun tbf ?

Shortly, tarks
We’ve changed our policy, that seems clear

Why do you keep putting McNeil in the line up and not including Allan?
Because McNeil is the type of player we will target. Not a big fan but his modest price, wage packet and his age would make him relatively low risk. There would be a market to make most of the transfer back even if he flops.

I think they will go for Doucs over Allan. Surround the powder puff Winks with legs

Status
Not open for further replies.