Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison and now Gordon in an already crowded Tottenham front line ?

The last time Spurs spunked a load of money like this it was just before they sold Bale , if I remember right.

@Yid4life

I went down this route earlier today with another Spurs fan and apparently Son loves Spurs and has just signed a new contract. Defensive much?

I just don't see Gordon leaving unless they make an obscene offer. Also seems a weird one he's a good player with potential but the digits mean he would just be on their bench. So weird

I went down this route earlier today with another Spurs fan and apparently Son loves Spurs and has just signed a new contract. Defensive much?
I would have thought Chelsea losing Lukaku & Werner would have been pushing at the front .
But the Spurs thing is defo not right.

Who knows what was agreed with Kane last season to make him stay.

You could say that about a lot of teams I don't see the point , we've had a go in that case. Thankfully a lot of us can go back further than the Premier league btw, I've got underwear older than 17 years.

I was addressing the point about us being 'southern softies' we are one of the only teams that has at least attempted to compete with the 'big boys'.

If we are 'softies' what dies that make all the other teams in the Premier League? Making-up-the-numberies?

We may have failed at the last hurdle on several occasions but at least we have finished 2nd and 3rd in the league a couple of times, reached the CL final and a few domestic cup finals. More than most other teams outside of the usual suspects.

As for age, I'm so old the last time I went in an antique shop the other customers thought I was part of the stock.

I was addressing the point about us being 'southern softies' we are one of the only teams that has at least attempted to compete with the 'big boys'.

If we are 'softies' what dies that make all the other teams in the Premier League? Making-up-the-numberies?

We may have failed at the last hurdle on several occasions but at least we have finished 2nd and 3rd in the league a couple of times, reached the CL final and a few domestic cup finals. More than most other teams outside of the usual suspects.

As for age, I'm so old the last time I went in an antique shop the other customers thought I was part of the stock.

I wouldn’t say Spurs are Softies, always seem to play the right way and can beat anyone on their day (bar under Mourinho). Just never seem to break that barrier, no matter who you sign or what you spend you always seem to just be in that top 5/6. The CL final being a prime example, shocking display and you didn’t seem up for it and you’ll probably never get there again. With the players you’ve had in recent times you 100% should have some trophies in the last 20 years. If Kane doesn’t win something it’s a travesty really.

I wouldn’t say Softies but you do seem to be bottlers. Leicester season and CL final prime examples. Maybe that changes under Conte?

At this point I think we need to get the Winks signing out of the way and move on and announce Tarkowski.

Hopefully the Richarlison transfer is done soon, getting boring now.

Status
Not open for further replies.