Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had read Cornet had a 17.5 relegation release clause.

Part of the draw with him is that he has real chops as a wingback and has only recently been converted to a forward position. Really exciting talent. Watched a fair bit of Burnley one way or another and he looked electric for the most part.

Was he a wingback when he played for Lyon against us in the Europa a few years back? I'm fairly confident he was more of a centre forward even back then. I think he got an assist in the Goodison game.

i could see richy getting more game time at chelsea than spurs

chelsea are starting with havertz up front these days

chelsea seem more interested in signing de light though
I like rich so I want him to start more and more chances to win a trophy. If Chelsea can still invest as past, I think Chelsea is much more attractive than spurs. And most important that Chelsea would spend more to buy rich.

If we did sign Bergwijn, who clearly wants to go back home and play in the CL, then we are paying over-the-top wages and he doesn't actually want to be here.
Exactly this. Why would we want a 'make weight' player who has zero interest in playing for us. Just because he's failed at Spurs, why would he be any different at Everton. Levey needs to get real or do one. I'd love for Chelsea to come in with a cash offer and see Spurs miss their target... again!

As a separate deal of 20-25 mil he's a better value Richy replacement than, say, 20m for Dennis. But he shouldn't be used to distract us into a lowball swap deal.

Care to explain that reasoning?

Bergwijn has 60 apperences for spurs in the PL with 7 goals and 6 assists.

Dennis has 33 apperences for Watford in the PL scoring 10 goals and 6 assist. He also younger then bergwijn.

So unless your definition of "better value" is worse then. I'd have to disagree.

Personally think that bergwijn is just another lad who's looked good in a crap league but can't hack it in the prem. Look at his stats all of his goals and assists come from the eredivisie 12 champions league apperences 0 goals only 2 assists, 5 apperences in the europa league 0 goals and 0 assist. The lad has picked up nearly as many bookings as he has goals (6).

Dennis has 33 apperences for Watford in the PL scoring 10 goals and 6 assist. He also younger then bergwijn.

So unless your definition of "better value" is worse then. I'd have to disagree.

Personally think that bergwijn is just another lad who's looked good in a crap league but can't hack it in the prem. Look at his stats all of his goals and assists come from the eredivisie 12 champions league apperences 0 goals only 2 assists, 5 apperences in the europa league 0 goals and 0 assist. The lad has picked up nearly as many bookings as he has goals (6).
Neither are the answer.

The vast majority of Bergwijns appearances I would guess were as a substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back