Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Browns.

I also looked into the 1st July date and I cant see its relevance.

I found that club accounts run from 1st August to 31st July, but nothing about 1st July.
Our accounts run to the 30th June mate, that’s the significance of 1st July.

Any player sales before 1st July will be recognised in the 2021/22 accounts, after will be the following year. I haven’t read the tabloid reports but I’m assuming they’re saying we’re over the FFP threshold unless we bring in a significant sum in player sales. Being that we’re already under the microscope, I assume there is - behind the scenes - some urgency on our part to get Richy out.

Our accounts run to the 30th June mate, that’s the significance of 1st July.

Any player sales before 1st July will be recognised in the 2021/22 accounts, after will be the following year. I haven’t read the tabloid reports but I’m assuming they’re saying we’re over the FFP threshold unless we bring in a significant sum in player sales. Being that we’re already under the microscope, I assume there is - behind the scenes - some urgency on our part to get Richy out.
And thats what I keep seeing, but despite my searching I cant find any rules that state that.

Only lots of people, some trusted mind you, saying thats the case.

Im not saying they are lying, for the record.

And thats what I keep seeing, but despite my searching I cant find any rules that state that.

Given how we’ve gone about our business it’s entirely conceivable.

On the other hand, though, given the media need for 24/7 sensationalist transfer garbage, a 30th June accounting period end is a great excuse for some 2+2 nonsense to revive a transfer rumour that was flagging and gobble up some sweaty Evertonian clicks.

Popcorn at the ready on Thursday.

Given how we’ve gone about our business it’s entirely conceivable.

On the other hand, though, given the media need for 24/7 sensationalist transfer garbage, a 30th June accounting period end is a great excuse for some 2+2 nonsense to revive a transfer rumour that was flagging and gobble up some sweaty Evertonian clicks.

Popcorn at the ready on Thursday.
I did say that we do seem in quite a hurry to get Richy out the door ASAP.

I did say that we do seem in quite a hurry to get Richy out the door ASAP.
Always hard to know what to believe, but I think so too.

Heads will fall off because we won’t get the £80m that literally nobody other than some soggy-panted GOT doom merchants decided he was worth, but if we can get north of £60m and knock a ~£50m chunk off our cumulative losses it’ll be a good result.

Until we spend it all on Cornet, Winks and a Wan Bissaka loan fee.

Always hard to know what to believe, but I think so too.

Heads will fall off because we won’t get the £80m that literally nobody other than some soggy-panted GOT doom merchants decided he was worth, but if we can get north of £60m and knock a ~£50m chunk off our cumulative losses it’ll be a good result.

Until we spend it all on Cornet, Winks and a Wan Bissaka loan fee.
I had visions of 80m, at 1 point, but the way this market is currently going, I sadly have to consider 60m a fair market value.

As Cyborg @davek says, in 8 weeks that may seem foolish, but I dont think we can wait 8 weeks, for any reason.

It wouldnt match the accountancy calendar, but does match the season calendar. You need clear dates to demarcate seasons (in part for contracts, it would be chaos if they all ended at different times) so it makes sense.

It would also make sense, the PL and the club had an informal agreement that a sale would be made, to ensure last season remained compliant with rules.

The story makes sense. It doesnt mean it's true automatically though.

I had visions of 80m, at 1 point, but the way this market is currently going, I sadly have to consider 60m a fair market value.

As Cyborg @davek says, in 8 weeks that may seem foolish, but I dont think we can wait 8 weeks, for any reason.
Lukaku was twice the player with twice the pedigree and he went for 75m with some garbage tossed on top. Yes there is some inflation of the market but 80m for Richarlison was never in reach.

It hasn't even got going FFS!

You've been panicked into accepting a low ball valuation.

Lukaku was twice the player with twice the pedigree and he went for 75m with some garbage tossed on top. Yes there is some inflation of the market but 80m for Richarlison was never in reach.

Its still gonna beat ya Honey Monster.
It hasn't even got going FFS!

You've been panicked into accepting a low ball valuation.
I dont negotiate for Everton Dave, happy to clear that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back