Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe this place

When Lingard was at West Ham..why didn’t we go for Lingard….Moyes has outsmarted us….proven premier league class

The summer he went back to United…we should be putting a bid in to get him before West Ham do

Rumoured to get him on a free….I’m done with this club

I’m no fan of Lingard and don’t particularly want him now but ffs the negativity on this place is ridiculous. Whatever the club does the same lot just want to bash it into oblivion.

I wasn’t keen on Lingard when he was at United because he had no interest in being anywhere else but despite my reservations if we get the player West Ham had FOR FREE and he wants to get his best form back to play for England then it might not be a terrible deal

Can’t believe this place

When Lingard was at West Ham..why didn’t we go for Lingard….Moyes has outsmarted us….proven premier league class

The summer he went back to United…we should be putting a bid in to get him before West Ham do

I’m no fan of Lingard and don’t particularly want him now but ffs the negativity on this place is ridiculous. Whatever the club does the same lot just want to bash it into oblivion.

I wasn’t keen on Lingard when he was at United because he had no interest in being anywhere else but despite my reservations if we get the player West Ham had FOR FREE and he wants to get his best form back to play for England then it might not be a terrible deal
Not a big fan of Lingard, but given the fact there is a world cup mid season and he will be desperate to try and force himself back in as he did at west ham, this could be key to getting atleast a few months of top perfmances out of him. And lets be honest we have paid a lot more for a lot less.

Can’t believe this place

Lingard just turned 28 when he joined West Ham on loan. I never once advocated for his signing. He showed up for half a season in an attempt to get a new contract at United or elsewhere.

He's 30 in December, would command huge wages and is exactly the kind of signing that has put the club in the mess we're currently in. Can't forget the three seasons sandwiched between his loan spell where he was hopeless, including last year for one of the poorest United sides ever.

I'm speechless

A lad who's 30 this year, has had one good 6 month spell in the last 5 years (and that's being generous). Media reports say he wants big money. If he flops we'll want him gone within 12 months and then nobody will take him because he earns too much.

How are we making the same mistakes over and over again?

This one genuinely makes me angry

Can't we just go back to the model we had under Moyes?

We found Pienaar and Arteta who were unwanted by their clubs and firstly gave them a chance on loan, before buying them once we were convinced by them. They went on to be exceptional for us.

We plucked Baines and Cahill from Wigan and Millwall for next to nothing comparatively speaking (about £8m all-in), and both were, again, exceptional for us.

We look chances on Nigel Martyn, Tim Howard and even Louis Saha who were great for us.

Then we went for low-cost, low-risk signings like Jagielka and Lescott who were outstanding. We spotted some fella called Seamus Coleman and signed him for less than half of the division was earning each week.

All of these players had things to prove, be it them stepping up from the Championship or below, or needing to re-establish their reputation after falling our of favour at their previous clubs, or needing to prove that they could hack it in the Premier League after all.

Not one of them was a prima donna, huge earner who most fans were against us signing.

We didn't need to spend tens of millions on any of those players because we had a plan and scouting network set up to find players that fit the mould.

The players were loyal, and many even resisted moves to bigger club. Yet when we did sell, for example Lescott, the fee we received covered the purchase of almost all of the players I've mentioned here. We certainly secured about 6x more for him than we shelled out in the first place.

Now we cannot sell fringe players, and our best players we have just proven that we can barely negotiate a deal that gets us more than we paid for them.

What on earth has gone wrong at the club?

Last edited:
I'm speechless

A lad who's 30 this year, has had one good 6 month spell in the last 5 years (and that's being generous). Media reports say he wants big money. If he flops we'll want him gone within 12 months and then nobody will take him because he earns too much.

How are we making the same mistakes over and over again?

This one genuinely makes me angry
Yeah, this one worries me. West Ham and Newcastle already seem to have walked away from his demands, and if they don’t think he’s value he ain’t going to be value for us. And if his demands have lowered as interest has dropped, surely those clubs would be back in for him. And the age thing. Tarkowski you can justify as CBs age better but it shouldn’t start to be a policy.

Finding it really hard Sri be optimistic about next season. We’ve lost our best player who bled blue to get us out of relegation. We don’t appear to have any real thought yet into how we line up to next season. Players who are reliably linked don’t seem what we need or proven to the point we know what we are getting. I’m happy with the deal we got for Richy and he isn’t irreplaceable. His numbers aren’t massive.

I just have a horrid feeling he won’t get replaced properly.

I have zero faith in our recruitment policy , I share the same fears as you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back