Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am getting very nervous for this season. I hope we start making some moves soon. I haven’t been excited about anyone we have been linked with so far. Except Erickson

Why are we not raiding the loan market? We should be trying at least. Someone like Jovic from Real Madrid would be nice. Sick of us signing dross on massive wages
Often loans of first team players from top flight teams are towards the end of the window, not day one

Very worrying. The teams that struggled along with Everton are making moves and we sit here selling our best player. Get this window wrong and there will not be an escape happening this season.

You can't get Championship players for that price anymore, they're very rarely now value for money. Brentford got a combined £50m for Watkins and Benrahma when they were in the Championship, Lewis-Potter being quoted prices £20m+.

When it works out, it's great, but when they fail like Adam Armstrong (£15m) they can be hard to get your money back.

I agree with part of that, but we paid £25m for Cenk Tosun, id have rather spent that money on a young championship

In Everton land for every DCL or Stones there's 10 Lewis Gibsons / Garbutts / Bowlers / Feeneys - take your pick.

Let's face it we aren't very good at this recruitment marlarkey and I've seen no evidence so far that Kopite Kev is any better than Brands or Walsh.
But that's exactly the point. You can afford for 1 in 10 to hit when they're costing a couple million max

Am getting very nervous for this season. I hope we start making some moves soon. I haven’t been excited about anyone we have been linked with so far. Except Erickson
not sure if i am the only one, but in our game against Brentford he was strolling through the game in a deeper role. Do feel if we sign him it is for a nr 10 role and you need to have 2 defensive midfielders behind him. defensively he is Gomes level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back