Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Ronaldo may be off...It wouldnt surprise me to see a bid in for DCL.

He was 'apparently' someone ETH was interested in a month or two ago.

Could be some more musical chairs this window.

Sell Michael Keane & bring in another solid CB to pair with Tarkowski, aswell as bringing in that ball-playing defensive mid that Frank's looking for and already...

We're looking in much better shape for the season.

Let's face it, we fell apart because of a disastrous CB partnership that shook the entire teams confidence. We couldn't outscore our poor defending.

With that solved, I see no reason why we can't go back to being a top half side, pretty easily.

Let's go Frankie!

Sell Michael Keane & bring in another solid CB to pair with Tarkowski, aswell as bringing in that ball-playing defensive mid that Frank's looking for and already...

Let's face it, we fell apart because of a disastrous CB partnership that shook the entire teams confidence. We couldn't outscore our poor defending.

With that solved, I see no reason why we can't go back to being a top half side, pretty easily.

Let's go Frankie!

We need fixing in attack too. We were painfully bad at scoring goals last year.

A squad he’s being kept out of now by powers house CBs such as Maguire, Mings, Connor Coady and Ben White.

If you get a debut for Palace in defence you’re ahead of Michael Keane in the England reckoning these days.

Its all about the 3 at the back for Southgate and possibly Thelwell and Lampard now.

Without Europe a team like Everton ideally has 3 starters and 3 kids as backup.

Weve got Mina, Godfrey, Tarkowski, Holgate, Keane and Branthwaite.

Two of them need to be moved on and if were going 3 at the back its Mina and Keane -- I imagine they get the highest wages as well.

Let's go Frankie!

We also had probably the worst full back pairing in the league with Kenny at LB and Coleman at RB. Crosses galore coming in down both flanks straight into a terrible CB pairing.

Even just getting Mykolenko in to stem the flow on one side did wonders for the rest of the back 4. If we can get Patterson doing the same, put Tarkowski in, and a competent DM ahead of them we might actually have a decent base

Let's go Frankie!
Leaking goals wasnt our main issue last season.

Our main issue was playing 90minutes most weeks and creating nothing.

We need fixing in attack too. We were painfully bad at scoring goals last year.
Yes but if DCL stays fit and injury free (just like every season prior to last)... that's already a big boost and something we never had for most of last season.

Then it's just Richy to be replaced with a 20m winger like Denis...

I find comfort in knowing when [Poor language removed] hits the fan and looks like the titanic,

It's typically not as bad as we think.

I think we're going to all be pleasantly surprised this year under Frank with our defensive holes plugged.

We also had probably the worst full back pairing in the league with Kenny at LB and Coleman at RB. Crosses galore coming in down both flanks straight into a terrible CB pairing.

Even just getting Mykolenko in to stem the flow on one side did wonders for the rest of the back 4. If we can get Patterson doing the same, put Tarkowski in, and a competent DM ahead of them we might actually have a decent base
Very true, forgot about or fullback issues.

This is a little presumptuous but if Patterson fits in with the talent we're anticipating... our season is drastically different.

Its all about the 3 at the back for Southgate and possibly Thelwell and Lampard now.

Without Europe a team like Everton ideally has 3 starters and 3 kids as backup.

Weve got Mina, Godfrey, Tarkowski, Holgate, Keane and Branthwaite.

Two of them need to be moved on and if were going 3 at the back its Mina and Keane -- I imagine they get the highest wages as well.
Isn’t Branthwaite meant to be going on loan anyway?

Leaking goals wasnt our main issue last season.

Our main issue was playing 90minutes most weeks and creating nothing.
I seem to remember for at least the 1st half of the season, leaking goals left right and centre with heads severely dropping?

If I remember correctly, it'd be predominantely corners we would concede and then our heads would fall off because we weren't good enough at chasing the game.

EDIT: The 5 we conceded at home to Watford also springs to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back