Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned him for 1-2 seasons...only has a year on his deal but Torino have an option to extend a season.

Could probably get him for £10mil or less.
€15m and rising according to Transfermarkt. And he's mostly played RM according to them also, although can play across the defence.

That said, looks an absolute unit, can trap a football, go past a man - and scores blammos.

I'm in.

If there's any truth in the Becao thing, given he has played exclusively as the right-sided CB in a back 3, I think that probably tells us what the plan is for next season.

It isn't my favourite system, but if we are getting the right players in for it, then fair enough, at least it's a plan
Yeah I think we need to plan around a system and stick with it. It sounds like he’s preferring 3 at the back although I worry about 343 as that requires two strong cms which we don’t have and maybe can’t afford. If we’re looking at CAM types like Lingard that suggests more of a 352 to me.

And I'll take it as facts

I just love how many fake ITK's there are now on Twitter, just look at the tweets shown there:

- Dennis, been rumoured for ages now, nothing groundbreaking there and only committing to "it's close".
- "I wouldn't be surprised if Everton sign..." A.K.A. I'm just guessing based on current rumours
- Mina or Keane are to be sold - if neither are, he'll just say they couldn't find a deal.
- Gomes close to leaving - see above and we all know he's for sale. Same with Rondon. Allan "will talk to the manager" cheers mate cleared that up for the fans.
- Fictional transfer budget.

They were, and yes I think teams figure tactics out but we also suffered badly as the Benitez effect compounded.

Grey in particular was still making a difference to games and this was despite an injury which clearly hampered him. The goal v Arsenal is obvious but the run to beat a few players before the equaliser v Palace and the free kick for the winner stand out. He may always be an enigma but he’s very capable.
I like Gray. Capable of special things.

We need to protect our players more next season though. More rotation.

We simply can’t afford another injury crisis like last season. It was mad. By October we were scraping the barrel.

Problem with 5 at the back is whether we play 5-3-2 or 5-2-3.
If it's 3 in midfield then where does Gordon or any of our other wingers fit in? Dennis could play in a 2 with DCL but for me Gordon should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
But if we play 2 in midfield to accommodate the wingers, then it leaves us hopefully exposed in midfield. I imagine it'll be Doucoure plus 1 other. If it's a DM like Winks / Adams then there's no creativity. But if it's a Gallagher / Zinchenko type, it leaves us with no defensive awareness.
Lampard is making a rod for his own back if he persists with 5 at the back. Especially as Iwobi had his best games as a box to box midfielder. Now he's going to be our starting right wing back, where he works hard but doesn't have the quality going forward.

I just love how many fake ITK's there are now on Twitter, just look at the tweets shown there:

- Dennis, been rumoured for ages now, nothing groundbreaking there and only committing to "it's close".
- "I wouldn't be surprised if Everton sign..." A.K.A. I'm just guessing based on current rumours
- Mina or Keane are to be sold - if neither are, he'll just say they couldn't find a deal.
- Gomes close to leaving - see above and we all know he's for sale. Same with Rondon. Allan "will talk to the manager" cheers mate cleared that up for the fans.
- Fictional transfer budget.
Don’t let it worry you @Nymzee they are not true until they are holding the shirt up after a daft video at Finch Farm

Never heard of him before hopefully he gets a couple right

Problem with 5 at the back is whether we play 5-3-2 or 5-2-3.
If it's 3 in midfield then where does Gordon or any of our other wingers fit in? Dennis could play in a 2 with DCL but for me Gordon should be one of the first names on the team sheet.
But if we play 2 in midfield to accommodate the wingers, then it leaves us hopefully exposed in midfield. I imagine it'll be Doucoure plus 1 other. If it's a DM like Winks / Adams then there's no creativity. But if it's a Gallagher / Zinchenko type, it leaves us with no defensive awareness.
Lampard is making a rod for his own back if he persists with 5 at the back. Especially as Iwobi had his best games as a box to box midfielder. Now he's going to be our starting right wing back, where he works hard but doesn't have the quality going forward.
For me the problem is both our defence and midfield function best as a three so that leans toward 352. Also represents our best shot of getting the most out of Dele in his preferred position just off a striker. Also with Richy gone and Townsend out injured a 343 would require money spent on wingers as well as midfielders so maybe 352 is the most streamlined use of our budget?

The issue like you say is fitting Gordon in but he has played central in the past and with his versatility could have a future as either the CAM or in the free role behind DCL. Or even, with his energy and work rate, as a very attacking RWB.

Players we should sign, imo:

Belotti - on a free, scores goals, Italian
Young European winger - pick one of about 1,000 from Benfica's academy, sign him cheap, make sure he's quick
Billy Gilmour - on loan with a view to buy, we need more Scots, ban his staunch ma from games though
Conor Gallagher - need more good first names in the squad even if its spelled wrong, he runs so he's automatically better than our lot
Horrible centre half - basically someone who is going to nail the Reds in the derby. Ramiro Funes Mori, maybe

Players we should sign, imo:

Belotti - on a free, scores goals, Italian
Young European winger - pick one of about 1,000 from Benfica's academy, sign him cheap, make sure he's quick
Billy Gilmour - on loan with a view to buy, we need more Scots, ban his staunch ma from games though
Conor Gallagher - need more good first names in the squad even if its spelled wrong, he runs so he's automatically better than our lot
Horrible centre half - basically someone who is going to nail the Reds in the derby. Ramiro Funes Mori, maybe

Touch grass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back