Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really was depleting, Richarlison was out for a good while to if i remember right actually i might go back and look at that period, because i think their is huge learning there. We forget also we had a lot of games postponed due to Covid.

The one that annoyed me was Newcastle, i know we beat them in March at home, but we could have played them under earlier befroe they had the tranfer window in Jan under their belts.

I look at it two ways mate. In a strange way, it probably saved us too though, as we were gone at that point, and would have lost those games. Playijng them later helped us a bit.

Thats a great point mate, he played The Duke in a role that really suited him. Im trying to remember was it Allan in there with him?

I love the Duke, i think hes been brilliant for us, hes one of my favorite players.

Allan, and then Benitez would bring Delph on and move him forward. He didn't do a lot right Benitez, but that plan worked. He got more out of Docuoure than Ancelotti or Lampard have.

If were sat deep due to the (lack of) pace of the defence then we wont be able to have more posession than the opposition.

We'd need players at the back who are quick and who can play a higher line...then the midfield can also be more advanced along with the full backs.

Anyone at the back who cant turn and who isnt athletic needs to be moved on before we look at having increased posession stats.

If we go into the season with Tarkowski + Holgate + Godfrey as the 3 starting senior centre backs then thats ok.

We then have Branthwaite + a new young signing who can aim to push into the 11 and be rotating in/out during the season.

Move out Mina and Keane and bring in Colwill if its possible.

Theres no need to be aiming for starting over 23 ages players in defence.
I understand the financial logic of moving Mina on.
But he remains far and away our best CB and would prefer we retained him.

Like you say if true there must be a cull of CBs coming if not we are carrying a hell of a lot of players yet again.
I dont think our recruitment process has been smart in general, as does everyone, but any club, especially our club in the state that it is in, would NEVER sign a another CB without knowing that is a sale lined up with no danger of collapsing. we dont have the wage bill and funds to waste.

but who??? Mina, Mason or Keane surely. maybe with JB to go out on loan

I dont think our recruitment process has been smart in general, as does everyone, but any club, especially our club in the state that it is in, would NEVER sign a another CB without knowing that is a sale lined up with no danger of collapsing. we dont have the wage bill and funds to waste.

but who??? Mina, Mason or Keane surely. maybe with JB to go out on loan
I hope you're right but given our history I won't be holding my breath waiting for a CB sale. I can't argue with the sentiment of bringing some competent defenders in after last season's defending debacle though. It would be nice to see a couple go though to keep the wage budget under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back