Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is anything there that wasn't widely known.
Yeah it was just a weekly summary post

In it he also detailed about the takeover stuff and where that info had come from (press briefings - which is true, btw, because my company also got in touch with the Kaminski organisation for a comment and received the same one back)

Feel a bit sorry for Brentford. They gave him the chance to get back playing and he fitted in really well.
They'd never have been in with a sniff of having him under other circumstances; they knew they were putting him in the shop window, in exchange for half a season of his best efforts to keep them up.

Both parties got what they wanted. Definition of a good signing.

Thought it was a team game, he played really well and I was made up he got his life back ON track, Brentford took a bit chance on him, he helped keep them up, but I don't think he's shown much loyalty at all, good luck to him though.
Much as I’d have loved him at Everton, I’d also much rather he be at United than Brentford next season. It’s a depressing way to look at things but without Eriksen they are one more team we should be finishing above.

I'm not overly fussed about Eriksen, nice luxury to have but I never thought he would actually come.
He will hardly play at UTD. Odd move imo.
Yeah I guess United made him the best offer financially but even if he reckons he can force his way into the team United is by most accounts a pretty unpleasant dressing room to be in, and they have a long road back to competing with the top teams, probably longer than Eriksen has left. It feels like United would be a pretty unenjoyable place to wind down the rest of your career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back